AAU Memorial Day Weekend Preview

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have time to do the usual full recap but here's what I know about Travelers and HD Orange teams for the weekend.

Hoop Dreams Orange 17s went 2-1 in Atlanta and missed bracket play because of a tiebreaker.

16s went 3-2 with a 2 point loss to Team Penny White and a tournament loss to Team Winston when we had no legs. We were undermanned and missing a starter all weekend.

15s went 4-2 with a 5 point loss to #5 in the country St. Louis Eagles after holding a 10 point lead in the 2nd half. They beat the #1 14u team in the country (CP3) and lost the silver championship to #2 in the country Game Elite. Good weekend for them.

Travelers went 0-5 in Minneapolis to finish their EYBL season 3-14.

Travelers 16s went 1-2 in Atlanta to finish their EYBL season 2-6.

Shining Stars KY

U17 1-1

U16 2-0

U15 Lay 2-0

U15 Holland 1-0

Just heard last night that Spencer Holland was coaching a team. Nice young man. I love it when young kids get involved with coaching.

TBC Elite went 4-1 on the weekend and lost to SC Raptors in the final 8 gold bracket in 17U Nike Memorial Day Classic.

Did KY Elite play down there? Only teams I saw scores for were HD and TBC.

I saw where TBC's spring record was something like 28-9? I believe their worst finish at a tournament was 2-2 in Knox Vegas, but other than that finished in the elite 8, final 4, or championship game of every tournament they played in.

Does anyone have their summer schedule for July? I wouldn't mind going to check them out.

I saw where TBC's spring record was something like 28-9? I believe their worst finish at a tournament was 2-2 in Knox Vegas, but other than that finished in the elite 8, final 4, or championship game of every tournament they played in.

Does anyone have their summer schedule for July? I wouldn't mind going to check them out.

Aren't you a coach for them? If so, shouldn't you know the schedule?