Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Americans Becoming Less Christian, More Secular New Study Reveals.. Why Do You Think?

Featured Replies

While your intent is good, your condescension is unwelcome.

 

Nice try, but I will still pray for you.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Nice try, but I will still pray for you.

 

Of course you will

I'm slightly confused about what this has devolved into.

 

I mean, people can do whatever they want to do, I guess. But, at some point in time, depending on what your goals are in life, you might have to face the facts that your methods for success are not bearing fruit.

^ While the "I will pray for you" posts may indeed be well-intentioned and heartfelt, they seem to be deflecting from rather than adding to the discussion and debate.

I will pray for you, B-Ball-fan.

 

This is a website. You don't know me and I don't know you.

 

But, I know Jesus Christ and He knows me. He is the only One who can change my ways.

 

I will not conform to the ways of the world.

 

At the risk of getting wrapped up in a long drawn out series of Bible dissection, I'm familiar with the Biblical reference of Jesus getting upset with the money changers in the temple and tossing them out saying that his father's house is a house of prayer and not a den of thieves, but where along the way have some of his followers gotten the impression that he wanted them to pass his word along in a smug, arrogant, holier than thou, condescending fashion?

 

I get his trip on the money changers and where his attitude was warranted, but I'm not seeing where he suggested of his followers to do so like you, and so many others do.

 

Perhaps my prayer for you is with hopes that you can align yourself with Christ in your approach, and present a sense of love and peace while professing your faith.

 

I wasn't asking you to change for the world, but for the Jesus Christ whose name you are speaking in the name of. He too along with many of us here might be thrilled to see that kind of a more humble change in you.

 

My understanding is that he'd like for you to lead people to his word, not to drive them away.

 

Thank you for your prayers for me, and if they happen to be prompted by you not being too thrilled with what I have said, as I sort of detect they are, help me to see just what I have said that is out of line with who you are and what you are ultimately trying to accomplish.

1. Misunderstanding of what the Church actually teaches 2. False assumptions 3. Not knowing the difference between being devout and being strict 4. Porn 5. Misunderstanding what freedom is

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.