Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Americans Becoming Less Christian, More Secular New Study Reveals.. Why Do You Think?

Featured Replies

I shouldn't have chuckled at that. Should I?

 

God gave you the gift of laughter and humor.

 

God also gave you the sense to know right from wrong.

 

Those drowning laughed at Noah while he was building the ark, too.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God gave you the gift of laughter and humor.

 

God also gave you the sense to know right from wrong.

 

Those drowning laughed at Noah while he was building the ark, too.

 

I'm not quite sure what you're implying. But hey, it's probably something. Is the decline in church numbers a sign that something big is going to happen?

I'm not quite sure what you're implying. But hey, it's probably something. Is the decline in church numbers a sign that something big is going to happen?

 

Yes, in my opinion, it is.

  • Author
God gave you the gift of laughter and humor.

 

God also gave you the sense to know right from wrong.

 

Those drowning laughed at Noah while he was building the ark, too.

 

 

Noah was a mythical figure. There are similar mythical tales of a great flood in many religious texts. No ark, either. Sorry.

Noah was a mythical figure. There are similar mythical tales of a great flood in many religious texts. No ark, either. Sorry.

 

I am well aware of the similar stories in other texts.

 

I will pray for you, Science Friction.

Yes, in my opinion, it is.

 

 

So, what's the time frame on this big event? I want to know so I can come back to this when nothing has changed. Or is this one of those "I don't know the time, because Jesus, but something somewhere eventually" type of things where people just cover their bases with blanket statements?

So, what's the time frame on this big event? I want to know so I can come back to this when nothing has changed. Or is this one of those "I don't know the time, because Jesus, but something somewhere eventually" type of things where people just cover their bases with blanket statements?

 

Matthew 24:36

 

I will pray for you again, thehotsnakes.

Matthew 24:36

 

I will pray for you again, thehotsnakes.

 

I love being right.

I am well aware of the similar stories in other texts.

 

I will pray for you, Science Friction.

 

Been noticing that you've recently been informing a lot of BGP members that you will be praying for them, especially if they don't see eye to eye with you.

 

Was wondering if this is sincere, and if it truly is, you might want to know that it doesn't appear to be.

 

It's actually coming off as if you believe that you better than everyone else and that your beliefs and views are in indisputable, and that you are the authority on all matters that you address. There's a stink of smugness about it, or if you will, one of those ugly nagging venial sins that you probably know something about referred to as "pride".

 

If it's an attempt to lead people to your truth it's probably having exactly the opposite effect because I don't get the impression that anyone is actually feeling the love, and more or less pretty much find it to be a big turn off, annoying, and often times sickly laughable.

 

Sadly this is often the unappealing effect that extreme religious people who've been instructed that their path to the kingdom also includes the duty of leading others as well has, and does more to drive people in the other direction than the initial intended direction.

 

Some people of faith have learned that they are more effective in drawing people to join them in their beliefs if their attempt is a more peaceful, lead by example approach.

 

When one pushes their beliefs on others in an arrogant fashion it shouldn't be too hard to see that it does more to aggravate them then it does to have them receive whole heartedly the message that is being delivered.

 

I don't know...perhaps it's just me and that everyone else is seeing you as a trusted oracle, but in all honesty I'm not reading it that way. I can't speak for them, but it's just a hunch that I have that your approach is not too effective on many.

 

So that you, and others like you, can perhaps one day come to learn of a more appealing, less smug filled, less holier than thou approach, I will just conclude with this.

 

I will pray for you.

 

Been noticing that you've recently been informing a lot of BGP members that you will be praying for them, especially if they don't see eye to eye with you.

 

Was wondering if this is sincere, and if it truly is, you might want to know that it doesn't appear to be.

 

It's actually coming off as if you believe that you better than everyone else and that your beliefs and views are in indisputable, and that you are the authority on all matters that you address. There's a stink of smugness about it, or if you will, one of those ugly nagging venial sins that you probably know something about referred to as "pride".

 

If it's an attempt to lead people to your truth it's probably having exactly the opposite effect because I don't get the impression that anyone is actually feeling the love, and more or less pretty much find it to be a big turn off, annoying, and often times sickly laughable.

 

Sadly this is often the unappealing effect that extreme religious people who've been instructed that their path to the kingdom also includes the duty of leading others as well has, and does more to drive people in the other direction than the initial intended direction.

 

Some people of faith have learned that they are more effective in drawing people to join them in their beliefs if their attempt is a more peaceful, lead by example approach.

 

When one pushes their beliefs on others in an arrogant fashion it shouldn't be too hard to see that it does more to aggravate them then it does to have them receive whole heartedly the message that is being delivered.

 

I don't know...perhaps it's just me and that everyone else is seeing you as a trusted oracle, but in all honesty I'm not reading it that way. I can't speak for them, but it's just a hunch that I have that your approach is not too effective on many.

 

So that you, and others like you, can perhaps one day come to learn of a more appealing, less smug filled, less holier than thou approach, I will just conclude with this.

 

I will pray for you.

 

To the evangelical types that is the kindest thing you can say. To anyone who doesn't think or believe like them it is the most rude and condescending thing you can say.

 

The person saying it hears: "I will pray to hope that you change your mind and come around to my way of thinking so your eternal sould will be saved."

 

The person on the receiving end hears: "I think you are a horrible sinner who is all but guaranteed to go to the place other than heaven unless you change your mind. So hopefully this action you didn't ask of my will change you."

 

Being a Catholic who worked down the street from the SBTS I got that a lot from most students who were from the deep south who had never seen a Catholic before. Eventually you suppress the urge to punch them in their sanctimonious faces.

Been noticing that you've recently been informing a lot of BGP members that you will be praying for them, especially if they don't see eye to eye with you.

 

Was wondering if this is sincere, and if it truly is, you might want to know that it doesn't appear to be.

 

It's actually coming off as if you believe that you better than everyone else and that your beliefs and views are in indisputable, and that you are the authority on all matters that you address. There's a stink of smugness about it, or if you will, one of those ugly nagging venial sins that you probably know something about referred to as "pride".

 

If it's an attempt to lead people to your truth it's probably having exactly the opposite effect because I don't get the impression that anyone is actually feeling the love, and more or less pretty much find it to be a big turn off, annoying, and often times sickly laughable.

 

Sadly this is often the unappealing effect that extreme religious people who've been instructed that their path to the kingdom also includes the duty of leading others as well has, and does more to drive people in the other direction than the initial intended direction.

 

Some people of faith have learned that they are more effective in drawing people to join them in their beliefs if their attempt is a more peaceful, lead by example approach.

 

When one pushes their beliefs on others in an arrogant fashion it shouldn't be too hard to see that it does more to aggravate them then it does to have them receive whole heartedly the message that is being delivered.

 

I don't know...perhaps it's just me and that everyone else is seeing you as a trusted oracle, but in all honesty I'm not reading it that way. I can't speak for them, but it's just a hunch that I have that your approach is not too effective on many.

 

So that you, and others like you, can perhaps one day come to learn of a more appealing, less smug filled, less holier than thou approach, I will just conclude with this.

 

I will pray for you.

 

I will pray for you, B-Ball-fan.

 

This is a website. You don't know me and I don't know you.

 

But, I know Jesus Christ and He knows me. He is the only One who can change my ways.

 

I will not conform to the ways of the world.

I will pray for you' date=' PepRock01.[/quote']

 

While your intent is good, your condescension is unwelcome.

I will pray for you.

 

BTW, thanks for the prayer.

 

I need all that I can receive.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.