May 11, 201511 yr Very unprofessional, but I don't jump on the racist wagon that quickly, would she be coined racist if she said all the white people are leaving? If you can't detect clear racism here, then no one here can help you.
May 11, 201511 yr If you can't detect clear racism here, then no one here can help you. Welcome to BGP. Someone had to try to delineate. Without that effort, where would we be?
May 11, 201511 yr I dont label most people without knowing them first hand for myself, For all I know she could be a great person and just lost her mind one day. But that is just me.... Like I said I see what she did as idiotic, unprofessional, and I would support her removal from her job duties. But again labeling someone a racist just takes a litte more from me.
May 11, 201511 yr what was even said to make the blacks leave? I couldn't get the audio. She forgot to allow the valedictorian to give their speech and dismissed the crowd. Once she realized her error she tried to call everyone back in for the speech but people were already in go home mode and didn't pay much attention to her and headed for the doors. The devil then caused her to make racially insensitive statements after calling someone a goober and a coward.
May 11, 201511 yr I dont label most people without knowing them first hand for myself, For all I know she could be a great person and just lost her mind one day. But that is just me.... Like I said I see what she did as idiotic, unprofessional, and I would support her removal from her job duties. But again labeling someone a racist just takes a litte more from me. I lean more towards racially insensitive. There were plenty of white people leaving as well so to single out the blacks that were leaving struck a chord with some people.
May 11, 201511 yr I feel bad for the valedictorian who never got to give their speech that I am sure they put a lot of thought and effort into. To have this as a graduation memory is something I hope they can laugh at one day.
May 11, 201511 yr She forgot to allow the valedictorian to give their speech and dismissed the crowd. Once she realized her error she tried to call everyone back in for the speech but people were already in go home mode and didn't pay much attention to her and headed for the doors. The devil then caused her to make racially insensitive statements after calling someone a goober and a coward. She is an idiot. Its her fault, I would have left too, no one likes those things anyway.
May 14, 201511 yr She has been fired but yet the racist black professor at BU is allowed to apologize and keep her job. Anyone see a double standard and unfairness.
May 14, 201511 yr Author She has been fired but yet the racist black professor at BU is allowed to apologize and keep her job. Anyone see a double standard and unfairness. Apples and oranges. Two different types of institutions. Two different sets of rules. Now if a white professor at a college said similar things about blacks and DID get fired then we have a true double standard.
May 14, 201511 yr Apples and oranges. Two different types of institutions. Two different sets of rules. Now if a white professor at a college said similar things about blacks and DID get fired then we have a true double standard. I dont see it that way. I see a white woman who said something bad about black adults and she is fired. I see a black woman who said something bad about white adults and she isnt fired. I see a bunch of white guys sing a song and say the N word and get kicked out of school. I see a black woman professor say a bunch of bad stuff about whites and she keeps her job. But I do understand what you mean by the difference.
May 14, 201511 yr Im going on the record and say that Boston Univ MADE her apologize and she still has hatred and racist feelings that she will continue to spew out to her classes. All the apology did was to try to get donars to keep donating. She should be fired.
May 14, 201511 yr Im going on the record and say that Boston Univ MADE her apologize and she still has hatred and racist feelings that she will continue to spew out to her classes. All the apology did was to try to get donars to keep donating. She should be fired. Well of course she still feels that way. She wouldn't have said it if she didn't. Just like anyone else who makes stupid racist, elitist, sexist comments and then subsequently apologizes. They aren't apologizing because they all of sudden don't feel that way, they only apologize because they want to keep their jobs or status, etc... What you say in the heat of the moment, when angry or flustered is typically your true feelings IMO. I'm so sick of hearing people say, "well I didn't really mean that, I was just angry, or caught up in the heat of the moment". No you absolutely meant it. That's how you really feel, it just takes getting angry or flustered, or whatever for it to come out.
May 14, 201511 yr Principal has been fired. May be, but she is the founder of the school, so I doubt she's far from a paycheck from it and her email is still the contact point for the school, according to their web site.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.