2 more cops shot and killed

jericho

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have major political figures endorsing this behavior through their actions, it shouldn't surprise anyone that it's open season on police officers.

Re-read. They are endorsing anti-police behavior, which includes the killing of officers.

That's the initial post you made in here. How else would you think someone would take "this behavior" to mean in a thread about cops being killed?

Will Obama send anyone to the funeral of the slain cops? Likely not.

Will the new AG open an investigation into the riots in Ferguson or Baltimore that damaged millions of dollars in property? Will they investigate the injuries to officers by the "protestors" in Baltimore? Likely not.

Where is Al Sharpton arm in arm with the family of Officer Liquori Tate, demanding justice for this slain policeman?

You don't think the actions of Ferguson didn't influence Baltimore?

I've heard politicians far and wide say they will not tolerate crimes by police officers that result in serious injury or death to citizens.

I've not heard a single one come forward and say they will not tolerate crimes by citizens that result in the death of police officers.

It's a bad time to be a police officer in this country. A grand jury declined to charge the officer in the death of Michael Brown, a robbery suspect that assaulted the officer prior to his being shot. But the people of Ferguson didn't want to wait for justice. They rioted instead.

The media helps stoke the fires. Brown was never referred to as a "robbery suspect". He was an "unarmed black man". Can anyone name the last "unarmed white man" who was shot and killed by police? Good luck finding that one.

No national politician has spoke up and said the killing of police officers will not be tolerated. They are too busy condemning the actions of less than 1% of all police officers instead of helping protect the 99% who had never heard of Ferguson, Missouri prior to 2014.

Names? Look up the comments of the new Pittsburgh mayor pretty much calling his police force racist. Look up the comments of NY mayor Bill DeBlasio. Even Kareem Abdul-Jabbar says the police are not under attack in this country.

Officers in NY City would disagree.

Officers across the nation would disagree

Based on what you are saying I could make the same argument that unarmed black people are under attack by the police in this country.

I get it, black politicians disappoint you because they don't say and do what you want them to say and do. They cater to black people and that bothers you because you feel they should be catering to cops. I feel you. This is how black people have felt about white politicians for decades. It sucks. I know.

The saga continues......

The mayors of Pittsburgh and New York are both white. But keep playing the race card if it helps your cause.

I don't have a cause. Simply observing and commenting. You brought the race card into this thread. Not me.

Now, I gave up trying to give perspective a few months ago. It's pointless. We all have our beliefs and nothing anyone I do get a kick out of watching people whine about stuff though. One day folks may actually realize that all of the whining is falling on deaf ears and recognize that nothing is going to change. Of course, folks will whine about that too.

why do you think the media didn't fan the flames on that one? They have the others

No clue. I think the media's agenda is obvious but I have no clue why they glossed over this story. It's just as troubling and the cops were found guilty. This should be the story the media trumps out to people showing that when officers are truly at fault they are punished.

Based on what you are saying I could make the same argument that unarmed black people are under attack by the police in this country.

I get it, black politicians disappoint you because they don't say and do what you want them to say and do. They cater to black people and that bothers you because you feel they should be catering to cops. I feel you. This is how black people have felt about white politicians for decades. It sucks. I know.

The saga continues......

No you couldn't. You are more likely to die from lightning strikes and dog attacks than being an unarmed innocent person killed by police.

The media and politicians make it seem far worse than it is. Very very rarely does a police officer murder an innocent unarmed person of any race.

The saga continues......

Surely you're not saying there are no white politicians that cater to black people. I would humbly disagree.

Surely you're not saying there are no white politicians that cater to black people. I would humbly disagree.

Never said that. There are some that cater to blacks and over the years things are getting somewhat better between blacks and white politicians. At the same time, this is a newer trend in society.

No you couldn't. You are more likely to die from lightning strikes and dog attacks than being an unarmed innocent person killed by police.

The media and politicians make it seem far worse than it is. Very very rarely does a police officer murder an innocent unarmed person of any race.

I know. That's why I said, "based on your post". It's not open season on cops anymore than it is open season on unarmed blacks.

Someone I know brought Obama up this morning (imagine that) saying how there is an increase in law enforcement officers being killed under Obama's presidency.

WRONG! Not including this year about 850 LEO's have been killed while Obama was president. Over 1,300 under W.