Kentucky Derby, Who you got?

World B Free

I'm really not a big Derby guy. I play it socially.

Twenty 3-Year olds going 1 1/4 miles while carrying 126 pounds over a track that most had never raced over before, after extensive travel to get here, is more like the Irish Sweepstakes than a horse race.

Actually, I was fishing in the deep south for the past three weeks, and had never heard of the name American Pharaoh until Thursday - lol!!!

The way this year's derby played out, with the contenders all racing forwardly with slow fractions, and all of the rats in the back, it played more like a six horse race than an 18 horse race - therefore all of the short prices.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife won 60-70 bucks or so on the derby, we went to Belterra Park yesterday to cash that and watched 4-5 races yesterday afternoon. It was really a nice day for it I cashed 3-4 tickets fun day.

If you disregard the opening pick in this thread, you will notice the next (4) horses chosen comprised the Superfecta. Good job BGPers!

My excuse for the opening pick (Upstart), I didn't want to start a thread & pick the favorite, that's not cool. My betting pick was AP. I did hit the Trifecta.

Upstart didn't fare well, finishing dead last. That worked though, the wife won $17 at Derby party in the "last place" pool.

If you disregard the opening pick in this thread, you will notice the next (4) horses chosen comprised the Superfecta. Good job BGPers!

My excuse for the opening pick (Upstart), I didn't want to start a thread & pick the favorite, that's not cool. My betting pick was AP. I did hit the Trifecta.

Upstart didn't fare well, finishing dead last. That worked though, the wife won $17 at Derby party in the "last place" pool.

Upstart actually does not bad when using the speed ratings. He did have 100 last time out.

This was and is a strong field. Preakness and Belmont should be interesting. I would think the top 4 run them all.

Firing Lined fouled my exacta box.

Something was amiss with Upstart.

He was rumored to have been sick and missed training a week prior to the Derby.

I saw him win the Holy Bull at Gulfstream, defeating Frosted that day. He went on to win the Fountain of Youth, only to be frivously DQ'ed, and then ran second to free-running Materialized in the Florida Derby.

He is a big, good looking, muscled up colt with an attitude.

Being eased says that something physically went wrong with him.

Probably shouldn't have run.

Something was amiss with Upstart.

He was rumored to have been sick and missed training a week prior to the Derby.

I saw him win the Holy Bull at Gulfstream, defeating Frosted that day. He went on to win the Fountain of Youth, only to be frivously DQ'ed, and then ran second to free-running Materialized in the Florida Derby.

He is a big, good looking, muscled up colt with an attitude.

Being eased says that something physically went wrong with him.

Probably shouldn't have run.

Upstart Misses Scheduled Breeze With a Fever | BloodHorse.com

Probably a respiratory infection...he was allegedly bleeding from the nostrils when vanned off. Too bad.