Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Augusta coaching search

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all applied for the Bracken job?

 

Only 2 people applied for the Bracken job I was told. I do not know who the other individual was besides Hinson.

 

As for Augusta, over 20 have applied so far.

Only 2 people applied for the Bracken job I was told. I do not know who the other individual was besides Hinson.

 

As for Augusta, over 20 have applied so far.

 

So Hinson did apply?

 

I've heard a Bracken coach applied.

So Hinson did apply?

 

I've heard a Bracken coach applied.

 

I was told 2 so I would assume Hinson was one of them. There were talks that he was leaving before last season started.

Edited by Spectator52

Brian Kirk is an impressive individual. The job he has done at Burgin is nothing short of extraordinary.

Have to be Kirk at the top of the list. Possibly Hinsons brother makes the jump to the boys side? I can't see Patrick applying but I've been wrong before. Could it have possibly been a Bracken assistant? Aaron Linville is an Augusta grad and an assistant for the Lady Bears.

Brian Kirk is an impressive individual. The job he has done at Burgin is nothing short of extraordinary.

Sorry, hard to get my mind around your description of "extraordinary". Took a program that won 22 games prior to his takeover and won 9, 3 and 3 under him. 5 of his wins 15 wins have been against Ky School for Deaf. His team's were out scored by an avg. margin of 32 points in 2013-14 and by 23 points this past season. Just because he's an Augusta grad doesn't mean the program should not explore the wide pool of interest.

Have to be Kirk at the top of the list. Possibly Hinsons brother makes the jump to the boys side? I can't see Patrick applying but I've been wrong before. Could it have possibly been a Bracken assistant? Aaron Linville is an Augusta grad and an assistant for the Lady Bears.

 

That's the name I was told. Was told he was actively seeking a coaching job somewhere.

Sorry, hard to get my mind around your description of "extraordinary". Took a program that won 22 games prior to his takeover and won 9, 3 and 3 under him. 5 of his wins 15 wins have been against Ky School for Deaf. His team's were out scored by an avg. margin of 32 points in 2013-14 and by 23 points this past season. Just because he's an Augusta grad doesn't mean the program should not explore the wide pool of interest.

 

Oldercoach that was an "extraordinary" post. ;)

Watching his teams play and the talent pool he had to draw from, it was a pretty remarkable job. Maybe someone is better for Augusta, but I wouldn't judge Kirk simply on results of the Burgin program. Sure Burgin gets some players once every 15 years, but not while he has been there. I could really care less who gets Augusta job, but Kirk is an "extraordinary" coach. As was Hinson.

Hearing interviews are happening today... no verified names though.

Had heard they would be naming someone this week but like Dawgs said do not have any names.

Had heard they would be naming someone this week but like Dawgs said do not have any names.

 

Don't look for this one to be a surprise, much like the other district coaching hires

Don't look for this one to be a surprise, much like the other district coaching hires

 

This pretty well sums it up. Schools usually know who they want before the ink has dried on the applications. The interview process is just a formality. They most likely approach their guy before even posting the job. Now if their guy turns it down or an agreement cannot be reached then hopefully they have a #2 option. If not then it could be a long drawn out process with it usually being not good for all involved. (example, Bracken County last year), now that was a mess.

This pretty well sums it up. Schools usually know who they want before the ink has dried on the applications. The interview process is just a formality. They most likely approach their guy before even posting the job. Now if their guy turns it down or an agreement cannot be reached then hopefully they have a #2 option. If not then it could be a long drawn out process with it usually being not good for all involved. (example, Bracken County last year), now that was a mess.

 

At least they interviewed people. Some systems didn't.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.