The Sopranos (No Spoilers)

It isn't a particularly fast paced show. It just sort of is what it is. There are some exciting moments, but for the most part it's just excellent in character development.

I don't think it's a show for everyone.

Absolutely the show I miss most of all the shows that have run their course in my lifetime. As Hangman says, it's not for everyone. But the layers of the characters are absolutely fascinating, making you empathetic to some characters you just never could imagine.

I can remember watching some episodes and wondering where the entertainment was. And then, as the credits rolled, I couldn't wait to watch another.

It was an odd feeling.

And I loved it all, was very entertained. There is just something so perfectly flawed and human in every characther...yet they were the "rich" and "powerful". The show was such a great example that perception is NOT reality.

Story line gets better as it goes along...but as stated it is not for everyone. It took me a few years to get enough interest to ever start watching and stick with it. But the characters got me hooked, I loved them...even the ones I couldn't stand.

It just seems really, really predictable in a lot of ways. No suspense.

Don't watch it for the suspense, it's not that kind of show. It's all about character development and learning to like/dislike characters. More like reading a book than just watching a show. Hope this helps.

I know you requested a no-spoiler thread, but I gotta give you a big one. The series ends with "Don't Stop Believin," playing and the whole world decides the song is cool for the next 10 years. As a fellow A's fan, I just thought I should give you a heads up (Journey is from Oakland after all). Of course, if you didn't already know this spoiler you were living someplace more like San Mars than San Antonio.