St X OC coach

kballer

The new coach will be introduced this weekend. I don't know his name, but I do know he is not a St X guy or an ex-pro.

I will let you know if I find out any details before then. Not sure when they will make it public.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got another bit of info yesterday. He is from Fr Ryan in Nashville and will also be a teacher. The old OC will coach running backs I think. I guess you can get the name from that, but I still don't know.

Could it be this guy????

Father Ryan hires Williams as offensive coordinator

March 30, 2012

Mark Williams, a former offensive line coach at Mountain View (Ga.) has been hired as Father Ryan’s assistant head football coach and offensive coordinator.Williams brings over 11 years of coaching experience to the Irish. Prior to Mountain View, he was the offensive line coach at Woodward Academy in Atlanta after serving two years as the head coach of the Naval Academy Prep School in Newport, R.I.

A 1999 graduate of Georgia Southern, Williams was a three-time All American, the Walter Camp Lineman of the Year as a senior and a two-time Southern Conference Lineman of the Year. He played on the 1999 Division I-AA national championship team as well as three conference title teams.

“As a player, coach and teacher at both the high school and college levels, Mark has been a winner,” Irish athletic director Pat Lawson said. “He’s committed to fundamental preparation, innovative ideas, and, at all times, classroom excellence for all of his student-athletes. We are excited to welcome him to the Irish family.”

Father Ryan's last state football title: 1997

The Fightin' Irish recent records do not have a great deal of luster. We really do not have a great deal to talk about regarding 6A private school football at this time. :popcorn:

4-6-0

6-5-0

3-8-0

5-7-0

4-7-0

8-4-0

5-5-0

9-3-0

5-6-0

3-7-0

2-8-0

Ok, so let me see if I can get this straight...the OC from last year will be the RB this year, but will no longer be the OC. This may have been explained earlier, but did the old OC step down by choice or was he asked to step from the OC position?

I know a very little about the Fr. Ryan program, and based off the records that were posted find it hard to believe that the best candidate for the position is from Fr. Ryan. I hope they have a hired a coach/teacher that is committed to being a great coach and understands the time that is needed to be a successful offense.

Looking forward to hearing an official announcement.