Hopkinsville vs. Taylor County (KHSAA Sweet 16)

who wins  

32 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Hopkinsville
    • Taylor County

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor county has one of the best back courts in the state. I'll take Taylor County by 8.

This is what usually gives Hoptown trouble. If you can break their pressure their defense struggles. This was the exception when hoptown beat Henderson. I think Taylor county wins by 6-10 but Hoptown has the athletes to make a run if they can buckle down in the half court.

But can they play 32 mins? And what do they have passed starting 5? 6,7,8? Hoptown can go 10 deep, and in that starting 5 3-4 legit double digit scorers with a couple of capable scores in that 2nd five. Tyler sparked em late against Webster and probably no one saw that coming, he didn't even play vs Hendo. I don't know another team in the 16 that can easily go 7,8,9 deep and still get good defense and point production like a Hoptown.

Is this Taylors first trip? Rupp is big with bright lights you say that's not a factor but it truly is.

Not taking anything from Taylor county but I think they are 1-2 yrs away from playing into the 2nd round. Hoptown will speed them up and make them do things they don't usually do. I still say Hoptown by 12 maybe 14-17.

Not taking anything from Taylor county but I think they are 1-2 yrs away from playing into the 2nd round. Hoptown will speed them up and make them do things they don't usually do. I still say Hoptown by 12 maybe 14-17.

Taylor County will have the best player on the floor. By Far. Taylor County beat Henderson and Doss. They WON THE FREAKING KING OF THE BLUEGRASS. 1-2 years away? Talk about Orange tinted glasses. Taylor County is probably the favorite in this game considering Hoptown's struggles in Rupp.

Hoptown has multiple players who are making their first Rupp appearance. Multiple key players. Gray, Gary, and the freshmen. AJ Tyler too.

Taylor County will have the best player on the floor. By Far. Taylor County beat Henderson and Doss. They WON THE FREAKING KING OF THE BLUEGRASS. 1-2 years away? Talk about Orange tinted glasses. Taylor County is probably the favorite in this game considering Hoptown's struggles in Rupp.

Hoptown has multiple players who are making their first Rupp appearance. Multiple key players. Gray, Gary, and the freshmen. AJ Tyler too.

get your facts straight they lost the KOB tourney CHAMPIONSHIP to a team out of DC 59-56 then beat Henderson in that one game KOB classic 2 months later AND.... talk about confused the freshman were on the roster at Rupp last year as 8th graders check that I believe Cager scored against South Oldham last year. Something to me about seniors first time or not and the rest of the team having experience ( you call in struggles) in Rupp vs NONE AT ALL!

But can they play 32 mins? And what do they have passed starting 5? 6,7,8? Hoptown can go 10 deep, and in that starting 5 3-4 legit double digit scorers with a couple of capable scores in that 2nd five. Tyler sparked em late against Webster and probably no one saw that coming, he didn't even play vs Hendo. I don't know another team in the 16 that can easily go 7,8,9 deep and still get good defense and point production like a Hoptown.

Is this Taylors first trip? Rupp is big with bright lights you say that's not a factor but it truly is.

I expect Taylor Co will go 7 deep.

I wouldn't worry too much about depth though. Over the last 20 years, two state champs have used a 6 person rotation and 2 have used a 9-10 person rotation. The rest have all pretty much gone 7 or 8 deep.

I actually think playing too many players can hurt you (ie Eastern 2011). At this level the stars win the games, and it's all about having them on the court as much as possible.

get your facts straight they lost the KOB tourney CHAMPIONSHIP to a team out of DC 59-56 then beat Henderson in that one game KOB classic 2 months later AND.... talk about confused the freshman were on the roster at Rupp last year as 8th graders check that I believe Cager scored against South Oldham last year. Something to me about seniors first time or not and the rest of the team having experience ( you call in struggles) in Rupp vs NONE AT ALL!

The smack tells me this is gonna be a great game! Goodin is the best player in this game. Actually one of the Taylor County players does have Rupp experience. Brandon Berry is a load to guard and he played his last three years prior to this one at Ballard. Goodin has played in front of some top-notch D-1 coaches- that's about as big as any stage as any junior can play on.

I expect Taylor Co will go 7 deep.

I wouldn't worry too much about depth though. Over the last 20 years, two state champs have used a 6 person rotation and 2 have used a 9-10 person rotation. The rest have all pretty much gone 7 or 8 deep.

I actually think playing too many players can hurt you (ie Eastern 2011). At this level the stars win the games, and it's all about having them on the court as much as possible.

Okay I see what youre saying but I saw the film and Webster looked dead in the fourth just last week. I suspect Hopkinsville will be able to wear down Taylor co 7 especially when the film ive seen on Taylor appears to have a big talent dropoff at 6 & 7.

The smack tells me this is gonna be a great game! Goodin is the best player in this game. Actually one of the Taylor County players does have Rupp experience. Brandon Berry is a load to guard and he played his last three years prior to this one at Ballard. Goodin has played in front of some top-notch D-1 coaches- that's about as big as any stage as any junior can play on.

Exactly right. Hoptown has a nice team but got a tough draw again this year. My friends in Hopkinsville are worried.

A. Most think Haworth is gone after this year. He almost left for Bryan Station last year. This might be in the back of the player's minds.

B. The youth on this hoptown team worries them in Rupp.

C. Taylor County is a tough matchup for hoptown. Pressure probably won't give them any trouble. Especially considering the larger floor.

I will say, their performance against Henderson was impressive. I drove over from Central city. If they play that well (by far hoptown's best game of the year) they have a shot to make a nice run. But you usually aren't going to play that well multiple games in a row.

True I almost forgot about the Ballard transfer. It will be a good game. Just like Collins and Owensboro should be equally good. People are funny with their all caps and mixed up facts bahaha. ANYWAY I GOT MY TICKETS SO I WILL BE IN THE BUILDING LOWER LEVEL!

pardon... They beat every KY team they played in the King of the Bluegrass and they beat Hendo in the Showcase.

Their resume is as good or better than Hoptown's.

To say it's going to be a easy hoptown win is silly. Hoptown hadn't beaten a team in Taylor county's league until a week ago against Henderson.

pardon... They beat every KY team they played in the King of the Bluegrass and they beat Hendo in the Showcase.

Their resume is as good or better than Hoptown's.

To say it's going to be a easy hoptown win is silly. Hoptown hadn't beaten a team in Taylor county's league until a week ago against Henderson.

4 words... WEAK DISTRICT WEAKER REGION

now u just talking to be talking no one said hoptown and easy win, nothing I heard either.

So why would Hayworth leave a loaded program like hoptown for unheard of bryan station? he was once a college ast id think that would be the goal to return to the college level?