Hopkinsville vs. Taylor County (KHSAA Sweet 16)

who wins  

32 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Hopkinsville
    • Taylor County

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor by 10 points. Tim is overrated-and has had the lucky fortune of having a solid group go through at the perfect time as he stepped in at Hoptown. This was going to be a down year-but with a couple of additions-he looks like a genius. You're only as good as the players you have-I'm not sure how he would do with an average sqad-especially facing adversity. Just changed my mind-Taylor by 16.

Is this a new development? I sat next to Quinton's mother at Jock Sutherland. She said they had not had any contact from KU, at that time. Does Kentucky recruit Kentucky players? I think Calapari's lack of interest in Kentucky players is a bit condenscending. In fact, I think Calapari's basketball guru personna more than a bit condenscending, but somewhat humerous. I say" Put Kentucky players back into Kentucky basketball!"

Im just saying if Taylor makes a run to Saturday night or even Sunday, then look for Cal to maybe offer. Remember Polson made that run with West Jessamine his senior year, and the here comes Kentucky. Everyone loves a Kentucky kid going to Kentucky.

Im just saying if Taylor makes a run to Saturday night or even Sunday, then look for Cal to maybe offer. Remember Polson made that run with West Jessamine his senior year, and the here comes Kentucky. Everyone loves a Kentucky kid going to Kentucky.

I'd be really surprised if Cal offered a junior from Kentucky at this point. He's worthy- but I'd still be surprised.

I'd be really surprised if Cal offered a junior from Kentucky at this point. He's worthy- but I'd still be surprised.

Very worthy, and it may very well be next year when he does get the offer. However, I think this tournament is when he opens eyes with how good he really is.

Taylor is not lost with out their big producers. Witness Goodin's first half absence in region win over Bardstown. In most of the games I have seen they started Goodin, Berry, Woods, Webster, and Ezra Oliver. Cameron Morgenson provides offense off the bench with a 8+ ppg avg, the 4th leading scorer on the team. He may have been the game MVP in the 5th region championship. Correct me if I am wrong, please. Devin Rafferty will be very productive next year after Berry and Webster graduate. I missed John Chewing on my big man post above. He is big: 6-5 or 6 and heavy. His stats don't show it, but I believe his insertion in to the N. Hardin/Taylor home game turned the game around late in the 2nd half with his inside presence and pounding of the boards. At least the widening of the winning scoring margin increased while he was playing.

I suspect you misquoted "Woods" as a regular starter when you meant to have put "Sloan". By far and away the best two players on this Taylor team are Sloan and Goodin. They make the rest of the players much better which is what makes good players great. If those two have to sit significant periods in the game or have really bad games then anyone in the Sweet 16 can beat them. Not a knock on any of the other kids, but the straw that stirs that drink is Goodin & Sloan. If they are not on this team, we would not be hearing much about Taylor County statewide.

UK has 3 Kentucky players on the roster right now.

actually there are 4. Hawkins, Willis, Lanter & Floreal.

Of these kids, one graduates this year, I could honestly see 1 or 2 of the remaining transferring. One is a legacy as his father played on the team in the 70's, another one has a parent that is a coach of another sport @ UK.

The ones that will still have eligibility all want to play & have the talent to play & even start @ other schools, BUT it will come down to how they want to go down in UK basketball history, or if they want to play significant time @ another school.

This is 100% my opinion, nothing concrete.