Northern Kentucky coaches poll

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NewCath plays Lexington Catholic and St X today and tomorrow at LexCath. Nothing like starting the season with No 1 and 5 in the state.

It is the All Catholic Tournament. CCH used to play in it but opted out this year.

See, that's what I thought. Who is this Highlands team anyway? I mean they are a football factory right? Don't mind them Dirty Birds.

Just saw this from PBR's twitter feed...

According to PBR, Highlands is pre-season number 10 in State...

Here's the PBR pre-season top 25:

Rank

Team

Record

st. xavier

0-0

mccracken county

0-0

Hopkinsville

0-0

lexington catholic

0-0

daviess county

0-0

madison central

0-0

elizabethtown

0-0

tates creek

0-0

eastern

0-0

highlands

0-0

north oldham

0-0

ballard

0-0

lafayette

0-0

north bullitt

0-0

west jessamine

1-0

south oldham

0-0

south laurel

0-0

beechwood

0-0

grayson county

0-0

butler

0-0

bourbon county

0-1

south warren

0-0

prp

0-0

hazard

0-0

covington catholic

0-0

Do they only rank the top ten, or do they rank every Northern Kentucky team? I wanted see if they ranked the small schools like Calvary, Villa, or Latin.

Each coach votes for their top 10 and then votes are tallied for each team. The top ten are posted. I'm sure there were a few other not in the top ten that also received votes. There are also possibly teams that received no votes at all.

As for the small schools you listed, I do know Villa and Latin are playing JV schedules only this year.

Each coach votes for their top 10 and then votes are tallied for each team. The top ten are posted. I'm sure there were a few other not in the top ten that also received votes. There are also possibly teams that received no votes at all.

As for the small schools you listed, I do know Villa and Latin are playing JV schedules only this year.

Okay thanks for the info. I knew about Latin playing JV, but I'm surprised about Villa. I wonder if a Latin-Villa game would be competitive this year.