Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Semi-Finals HHS v HC

Highlands vs Holy Cross 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Highlands vs Holy Cross

    • HC
      61%
      24
    • HHS
      38%
      15

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

HC will win by 10![/QUOTe

 

I am shocked by your prediction!...lol:sarcastic:

If HHS spreads the floor, hits their 3s like they are capable, HC will have nothing to answer to and HHS will win by 10. But if those 3s are missed, inside rebounding may go to HC with their height, it will be a lot closer game and possible OT. If it does, Karma's rim gods may reward the Birds, allowing some to fall, instead of roll out, HHS this time by 2.

  • Author

I love both teams, but I'm gonna take the Birds in this rematch by 3! I'm sure they want revenge.

In the regional games I've seen at NKU, teams that embrace the trey don't shoot it so well in a gym this size. I look for HC to slow the pace and methodically pound the ball inside. The second Holmes game was not a fluke. Holy Cross 52-40.

Should be a great game. I feel whoever wins this will be headed to state. Holmes just doesn't seem to be playing well together. Yes, I know they are 29-2 but very sloppy vs. a young Ryle team and got dominated by HC prior to that. Highlands and HC's coaching and chemistry will play a factor in who wins the region IMO.

The more physical team will win this one...

 

I felt like the stripes let em play the other night in the HHS vs :popcorn:BC game and had BC not lost their big girl early on it could have been a different game mainly because of her size and the physical play of the BC team.

 

I think if Highlands has a weakness (which BTW, they have none except this one imo) it may be that they do not like to mix it up and do not play with an attitude...

 

When it comes down to games like this and when two teams have excellent athletes and talent it usually comes down to who plays like Biff and who plays like Buffy...:thumb:

Whether it be Biff or Buffy this one should be good.

Whether it be Biff or Buffy this one should be good.

 

 

Most probably will be the best game of the tourney and will most likely be the largest draw for the tourney for obvious reasons:thumb:

In the regional games I've seen at NKU, teams that embrace the trey don't shoot it so well in a gym this size. I look for HC to slow the pace and methodically pound the ball inside. The second Holmes game was not a fluke. Holy Cross 52-40.

 

They tried to pound it inside last time. Mayhaus had 5 points...a 3 and two free throws I think. HHS also only hit 5 threes the last time. 3 below their avg. and those all came from one player. By no means do I think things can't be different this time, but it's the same thing they tried to do last time. It's what HC does in every game.

 

And if HHS does shoot well, the bigs will have to come out and guard. Which could be an issue. Also running the big floor each time up and back is 20 extra feet. That can take a toll on the bigs if hhs runs.

Edited by RCC9

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.