Simon Kenton 48 Walton-Verona 38

Amen! This isn't recreation ball! All these girls are fighting to get to the big dance, call it aggression, call it dirty, it will only go as far as the ref allows it!! At the end of the day, there will be two very aggressive, talented teams fighting for the 8th region to make the trip to Diddle:popcorn:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you are talking about the play under the basket on a rebound where the WV player was holding on to the leg of a SK player and she kicked to get her off. Yes that's what happened I was sitting right there on that end of the court. I see it as a aggressive basketball play on both sides. I did not make it to the highlands game so I cant speak about that incident/play.

I assume you are talking about the play under the basket on a rebound where the WV player was holding on to the leg of a SK player and she kicked to get her off. Yes that's what happened I was sitting right there on that end of the court. I see it as a aggressive basketball play on both sides. I did not make it to the highlands game so I cant speak about that incident/play.

I don't speak much with all you people. However, I enjoy your chats. But I saw the exact same thing. You lay on the ground and grab my leg I will kick you off me. Period!

I don't speak much with all you people. However, I enjoy your chats. But I saw the exact same thing. You lay on the ground and grab my leg I will kick you off me. Period!

Agree with this 100%. If that happens to me, same thing.

A few random thoughts about the game....

The Bearcats really, really missed DeZarn. She would have made a big difference defensively, for needed depth, and for further options on offense.

Simon Kenton did a great job limiting Walton's Alie Mills 3 point threat.

Bosse is a get after it player. Love her effort and her quickness. And she has improved her offensive game tremendously. She deserves credit for these things. But there is no way I am sticking my head in the sand, and not giving her credit for other characteristics. She also has figured out how to throw people down, take kids out of games, throw "extra" knees, shoves, hands and other miscellaneous assaults without getting caught. Hats off to her. If you can get away with it and it helps your team, why not? I don't have a problem with her, I have a problem with officials that don't officiate it.

Ally Neace had a very nice game. Congrats to her on the MVP.

Sometimes officials call games tight and you get to the free throw line easier. Sometimes they let things go. This game happen to be more on the "let things go side". I think this "type of game" benefited SK for sure. Walton would have benefited from a "tighter" called game. They shoot free throws really well, so getting to the line more would have helped them. Walton playing mostly zone would not have been hurt by a tighter called game as much as SK in their "aggressive" man to man. They were able to push the limits with reach ins, hand checks and contact, and make things very difficult for Walton at times. THIS IS NOT A REF COMPLAINT! You have to be able to play through the contact when it is being allowed and find a way to win. It is only stating an observation that SK is good, but even better if the game called "loose".

Simpson was huge for the Bearcats. She is my best All Region player that didn't make all region! Hitting big threes, and rebounding like a freak. Love her game!

Ison had a great game as well. Scmiade was working her tail off guarding her, SK was crowding her, and she took some thumps, but she kept on going. Love the fight in that kid.

Congrats to WV on a good district tournament. Congrats to Haley Ison and Morgan Simpson being named to the all tourney team.

IMO Emma Rogers had a heck of a tournament. May not have scored the most points but defensively was very good.

SK holding the ball kept Walton in the game. Walton did not have the horses to run and push the ball with SK last night. To me Beckham is not 100% and with Dezarn out the lower scoring, slower the pace game the better was for Walton.

Also, IMO there should have been at least a foul called on the play where the SK player kicked the WV player! I know that this is a district game but if something like that happened during the regular season and was blatantly witnessed by the official which it was there should have been an immediate ejection. Official should be reprimanded for doing nothing.

Good luck to both teams next week in Region!

I would not want to be a district winner and hear that I have to play the 32nd loser!

Absolutely agree with the two bolded points. Rodgers deserves some props! Great couple of games.

And you nailed it on the stall thing. Those were my thoughts exactly.

A few random thoughts about the game....

The Bearcats really, really missed DeZarn. She would have made a big difference defensively, for needed depth, and for further options on offense.

Simon Kenton did a great job limiting Walton's Alie Mills 3 point threat.

Bosse is a get after it player. Love her effort and her quickness. And she has improved her offensive game tremendously. She deserves credit for these things. But there is no way I am sticking my head in the sand, and not giving her credit for other characteristics. She also has figured out how to throw people down, take kids out of games, throw "extra" knees, shoves, hands and other miscellaneous assaults without getting caught. Hats off to her. If you can get away with it and it helps your team, why not? I don't have a problem with her, I have a problem with officials that don't officiate it.

Ally Neace had a very nice game. Congrats to her on the MVP.

Sometimes officials call games tight and you get to the free throw line easier. Sometimes they let things go. This game happen to be more on the "let things go side". I think this "type of game" benefited SK for sure. Walton would have benefited from a "tighter" called game. They shoot free throws really well, so getting to the line more would have helped them. Walton playing mostly zone would not have been hurt by a tighter called game as much as SK in their "aggressive" man to man. They were able to push the limits with reach ins, hand checks and contact, and make things very difficult for Walton at times. THIS IS NOT A REF COMPLAINT! You have to be able to play through the contact when it is being allowed and find a way to win. It is only stating an observation that SK is good, but even better if the game called "loose".

Simpson was huge for the Bearcats. She is my best All Region player that didn't make all region! Hitting big threes, and rebounding like a freak. Love her game!

Ison had a great game as well. Scmiade was working her tail off guarding her, SK was crowding her, and she took some thumps, but she kept on going. Love the fight in that kid.

When you're going into battle you want a player like Bosse on your team!! There's players (boys included) all over 9th region that follow suit! It's tournament time, bring the gloves or you're going home! Bosse is a great kid, a great competitor and if she brings an edge to the game so be it, let the refs decide!!!! Her and her team just celebrated a district championship, they are doing something right!!

When you're going into battle you want a player like Bosse on your team!! There's players (boys included) all over 9th region that follow suit! It's tournament time, bring the gloves or you're going home! Bosse is a great kid, a great competitor and if she brings an edge to the game so be it, let the refs decide!!!! Her and her team just celebrated a district championship, they are doing something right!!

Relax champ.

The only folks I accused of doing anything wrong was the officials for not officiating stuff that crosses the line. That is there job.

Relax champ.

The only folks I accused of doing anything wrong was the officials for not officiating stuff that crosses the line. That is there job.

Let's be clear, if you read my earlier post, I 100% agree with you about the officiating! It truly is up to them on how far aggression vs. dirty play goes!!! They hold the whistle and the T's in their hands, it's THEIR job:thumb:

Let's be clear, if you read my earlier post, I 100% agree with you about the officiating! It truly is up to them on how far aggression vs. dirty play goes!!! They hold the whistle and the T's in their hands, it's THEIR job:thumb:

And its the players and coaches job to adjust to the officiating. If one team employs moving screens, arm bars, body bumps and leg holds, the other will respond by playing to the standard that is established by the officiating. Both teams know this officiating crew well, so each team should know what to expect.