Simon Kenton 48 Walton-Verona 38

Amazing how people can see the same event and interpret it differently. Explains why refs interpret things differently then coaches, parents, or players.

Regardless on how it's interpreted, if you are on the winning side of things, the glasses are more foggy, "not my kid." Pure and simple, after a hard fought battle, no one likes to lose:isurrender:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And its the players and coaches job to adjust to the officiating. If one team employs moving screens, arm bars, body bumps and leg holds, the other will respond by playing to the standard that is established by the officiating. Both teams know this officiating crew well, so each team should know what to expect.

I am not sure what the examples given is supposed to imply if anything at all, however all in all, what you are stating is correct. Adjust as best you can, and don't complain about the officiating.

To prove your point, I thought Walton adjusted very well to SK's "aggressiveness" and made a nice run in the third quarter taking the lead at one point.

I watched the game last night and I am relatively objective. I did not see a whole lot of illegal screens. The SK fans behind me were screaming the whole game. I saw Luebee set one illegal screen and she was called for it. I saw here set a questionable one on the next play and it wasn't called. I thought the refs did a pretty good job.

So, for the record, it is okay for a player to grab a leg of the opposing team, set illegal screens, basically play dirty ball just as long as they don't get caught or fouls called on them? To me it's not ONLY on a ref to clean it up, it's starts with the coaching staff to teach proper basketball and not allow bully or dirty ball from their players.

For the record; I wasn't at the game but just asking some general questions.

SK has all the pieces to make a run deep in the Region. Size, Good Guards, Deep Bench. I think that they have a very good chance of winning (although is really pains me to admit it :lol2: I love my Bearcats). Depending on the draw there may be a pretty good chance that these 2 teams meet again for a 4th time!

Anyone else surprised WV didn't assign Rogers to guard Neice earlier in the first half to keep her from getting off to a fast start, like they did with Williamstown and Kennedy in the district opener? Basically play a box and one, plus send a second defender at her when she gets the ball to force her to give it up. Neice makes them go as a team. Keep her contained and SK would have a more difficult time scoring.