Simon Kenton 48 Walton-Verona 38

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SK up 9 at half Walton took the lead midway through the 3rd. SK regained the lead with a little over 3 min to go in the 3rd SK up 4 Walton refused to come up on the ball SK held it for the last 3 min of the quarter then scored at the buzzer. Walton coaching staff clapping as SK held the ball like they were really doing something good.. What a stupid move by Walton coach lost there momentum.

Congrats to both teams on advancing to the regionals. Sad to see a certain SK player and her style of play, this seems to be a theme with her, sad for her team, her school and the game.

And What Style of Play are you talking about, If I remember correctly, wasn't a certain someone from Walton suspended last year for throwing a punch? talk about sad style of play right there,

Plus all the screens tonight were all illegal, moving and throwing there bodies and pushing surprised that a lot of them weren't called. But there's always a bad egg in the bunch, just seems like Walton has 5 bad eggs.

SK up 9 at half Walton took the lead midway through the 3rd. SK regained the lead with a little over 3 min to go in the 3rd SK up 4 Walton refused to come up on the ball SK held it for the last 3 min of the quarter then scored at the buzzer. Walton coaching staff clapping as SK held the ball like they were really doing something good.. What a stupid move by Walton coach lost there momentum.

You are entitled to your opinion and I can respect it. I do however completely disagree with it. It was not stupid. It was discipline. Your down 4. There is a entire qtr left. Don't panic. Stick to the defensive plan that has worked so far. That was not what lost the game. Not at all. Walton's momentum you are speaking of was already lost at that point. Walton had lost the lead, and was now down 4. We will never know, but perhaps it was brilliant as it may have kept Walton from going down further. If you are wanting to stay close, and have a chance down the stretch to make some late plays and get the win, perhaps what SK did was actually helpful to Walton. So I can't necessarily agree with stupid. I see it completely different. To abandon your defense that had been keeping you in it, to press the tempo and give SK a chance to stretch their lead further when there was a TON of time left...that would have been stupid.

And What Style of Play are you talking about, If I remember correctly, wasn't a certain someone from Walton suspended last year for throwing a punch? talk about sad style of play right there,

Plus all the screens tonight were all illegal, moving and throwing there bodies and pushing surprised that a lot of them weren't called. But there's always a bad egg in the bunch, just seems like Walton has 5 bad eggs.

It's okay if the truth hurts, no one said the play from last year was acceptable, some learn, some don't! The player in question is one that's proven she likes to play dirty, but hey, if that's how SK does it, go for it. (And to be clear you are showing some real class too) :woot:

Your memory is a little off. A SK player and a Walton player sat out the second SK Walton game last year. This was an agreement between schools as each school took responsibility for their player. The Walton player sat out on the bench watching the game, the SK player sat out the game home at sick because they were ill, but still sat out. Neither were technically "suspended".

And the last couple of sentences I can't touch. I don't think my mind can get down that low.