Derrick Rose has torn meniscus- AGAIN!

I've dogged Derrick Rose probably more than anyone on here. At this point I just feel bad for him. I don't recall ever seeing anything like this. Penny Hardaway is the closest. Just a shame really.

That's how I feel. One of the most depressing lists to put together when you're having a night out drinking with some buddies is to start thinking about all the NBA guys who we'll never know how good they could've been due to injury problems.

I always think about Yao Ming. Feel that way about Brandon Roy and Tracy McGrady too.

This one though is particularly awful because Rose has the tools to be the best point guard in a generation full of outstanding point guards. Just terrible.

As someone Who has had multiple knee surgeries including three ACLreconstructions over a 4 year period. I certainly feel his pain. I loved being competitive in basketball and football but pretty much quit playing both before the age of 20. Now 10 years later I run and will play some racquetball or just shoot around but I'm still very apprehensive about actually competing with others in most sports.

I know he loves the game but Rose mentioned before this injury ever occurred that he had to consider the long term impact further injuries may have on him.

David Thompson as I recall had knee injuries (coupled with Cocaine issues).

Ralph Sampson's knees left him staring in year three or so of his career. A friend saw him a few years ago when they were saying goodbye to UHall at C'ville and he tried to dunk. Couldn't make it. 7'4" and couldn't jump high enough anymore to dunk.