Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Laptop Advice

Featured Replies

I've had a Toshiba Satellite for 5 or 6 years now and I'm looking to replace it.

 

I use a laptop for web browsing and movie streaming. That's it.

 

Not interested in an Apple. I know they make a superior product but I like new things. I'd rather replace a $500 dollar laptop every 3-5 years than have a $1200 apple for 10 plus years.

 

Screen size and quality are important. Would like something around a 17 inch screen.

 

Looking to spend $400 to $500.

 

Any suggestions ?

I've had a Toshiba Satellite for 5 or 6 years now and I'm looking to replace it.

 

I use a laptop for web browsing and movie streaming. That's it.

 

Not interested in an Apple. I know they make a superior product but I like new things. I'd rather replace a $500 dollar laptop every 3-5 years than have a $1200 apple for 10 plus years.

 

Screen size and quality are important. Would like something around a 17 inch screen.

 

Looking to spend $400 to $500.

 

Any suggestions ?

Open to a refurb?

Not making a joke, but, why not a Toshiba Satellite? I replaced a Satellite with a new model Satellite after 5 years. And I just replaced that one with a new one this year.

 

I know there are better products on the market, but I think it's probably the best for the money.

 

But if you're just using it for internet and video, a tablet wouldn't be a bad bet.

I have had a Satellite in the past as well and loved it. Very solid machine.

  • Author
Open to a refurb?

 

Yes, as long as it's factory refurbished.

  • Author
Not making a joke, but, why not a Toshiba Satellite? I replaced a Satellite with a new model Satellite after 5 years. And I just replaced that one with a new one this year.

 

I know there are better products on the market, but I think it's probably the best for the money.

 

But if you're just using it for internet and video, a tablet wouldn't be a bad bet.

 

I have had a Satellite in the past as well and loved it. Very solid machine.

 

Not interested in a tablet. I prefer the feel of a laptop.

 

I'm open to buying another Toshiba. My current one could probably last another year or two, just looking for something new.

I just bought my third Satellite a couple of months ago, 17" something screen, Skullcady sound is really good.

But if you're just using it for internet and video, a tablet wouldn't be a bad bet.

 

I am trying to decide between a tablet or a laptop. May start a thread about that.

Open to a refurb?

 

What is a good site to look those up?

What is a good site to look those up?

tigerdirect.com

Buy a Dell.
Same as with Dell, HP, or any other manufacturer. They all make a good line of PC's/laptops, and they all make junk to sell in Best Buy for next to nothing. With PC's ALMOST always, the old adage runs true, you get what you pay for.

Dell has a good outlet site but you must be prepared to buy as they usually go quickly from the site.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.