Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for BGP Referees

Featured Replies

In the WKU game just then....

 

A Middle Tennessee player was at the free throw line late in the game with a 2-point lead.

 

On his free throw shot, he literally pump faked a FT, pulled the ball back down, then took a shot. The pump fake drew multiple players from both teams into the lane.

 

Obviously Coach Harper went nuts.

 

The player made the FT, WKU missed a tying shot and Middle Tennessee won the game.

 

Is this not a violation? A player surely can't fake a free throw shot can he?

 

Can an actual ref or two give your take?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that is a violation. You cannot purposely fake a free throw.

 

(I am not a ref, but I am confident I am right.)

  • Author
Yes, that is a violation. You cannot purposely fake a free throw.

 

(I am not a ref, but I am confident I am right.)

 

I am pretty confident too but wanted to see what the official rule is.

Was it his normal shooting motion?

Is it a violation if he made the free throw? Especially if the defense stepped in first, would it even matter?

Is it a violation if he made the free throw? Especially if the defense stepped in first' date=' would it even matter?[/quote']

 

Violation against D is ignored if shot is made.

Violation against D is ignored if shot is made.

 

That's what I figured, even on the shot fake. So if the D was the first in, that might be your answer Wireman.

  • Author

There were multiple players in the paint from both teams.

 

I'm not talking about the lane violation. I'm talking about faking a shot at the rim during a free throw. That can't be legal?

There were multiple players in the paint from both teams. I'm not talking about the lane violation. I'm talking about faking a shot at the rim during a free throw. That can't be legal?

 

 

Any video?

  • Author
Any video?

 

I haven't been able to find it. It wasn't the kid's normal free throw motion, though. His other free throw was just a normal shot.

  • Author

This is from the MT beat writer:

@willborthick · 17h17 hours ago

Buford makes the first with a little pump fake. Ha ha.

Guys ... you are making this too complicated. Wireman has a simple question. Can the shooter do a pump fake when shooting a free throw? The answer is no.

I haven't been able to find it. It wasn't the kid's normal free throw motion' date=' though. His other free throw was just a normal shot.[/quote']

 

 

Did it look like this?

 

 

http://dailysnark.com/jermaine-pause/

I've got the video. I'll attempt to post.

It clearly should have been a violation IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.