Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All 8th Region Team

Featured Replies

Hannah Dossett, Gallatin County (Player of the Year)

Haley Ison, Walton-Verona

Mackenzie Raisor, Shelby County

Justus Martin, Shelby County

Kaci Currens, Anderson County

Abigail Stewart, Oldham County

Allison Neace, Simon Kenton

Abby VanZant, South Oldham

Maggi Bosse, Simon Kenton

Michaela Kennedy, Williamstown

Kaylee Clifford, Trimble County

Macy Wright, Grant County

Shelbe Black, Trimble County

Michelle Roberts, Collins

Megan Payton, Henry County

 

Coach of the Year

Jeff Stowers, Simon Kenton

 

List is order of votes received.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

  • Replies 44
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all.

Where did you get this information?

Congratulations to a great group of ball players!

 

And Congrats to Coach Stowers and all the coaches at SK!

Where did you get this information?

And let me add to your question.... Does anyone know when this was supposed to get released for press? Maybe it already has, but I am willing to bet it has leaked out on BGP, before it has been officially released. I could be wrong though.

  • Author
And let me add to your question.... Does anyone know when this was supposed to get released for press? Maybe it already has, but I am willing to bet it has leaked out on BGP, before it has been officially released. I could be wrong though.

 

I scooped everyone...

Congrats to players making all region team. Just curious how some teams had two players make region team, and some of the teams didn't have any to make the region team. How is that determined? I assumed the coaches nominate players from their team, surely coaches from N.Oldham,Owen Co,Carroll Co,Spencer Co, and Eminence were all abscent from the nomination meeting or what ever they have.

Congrats to players making all region team. Just curious how some teams had two players make region team, and some of the teams didn't have any to make the region team. How is that determined? I assumed the coaches nominate players from their team, surely coaches from N.Oldham,Owen Co,Carroll Co,Spencer Co, and Eminence were all abscent from the nomination meeting or what ever they have.

It's the best players, period. It's not a "everyone gets a trophy contest". In the 5th region, coaches do not vote for their own players.

It's the best players, period. It's not a "everyone gets a trophy contest". In the 5th region, coaches do not vote for their own players.

 

I wasn't sure if the top couple teams in the region got 2 players each from their team or how that was decided. "everyone gets a trophy contest" a little sarcastic? I was asking an honest question

It's the best players, period. It's not a "everyone gets a trophy contest". In the 5th region, coaches do not vote for their own players.

 

I'm pretty sure the 8th is the same way. I think that coaches voting, but not for their own is for the most part going to give a pretty "real" list of the regions top players for the season.

 

Certainly there are other players that could make a case to honored on this list, (there is one I think should be on it) but at the end of the day it's the coaches vote.

I'm pretty sure the 8th is the same way. I think that coaches voting, but not for their own is for the most part going to give a pretty "real" list of the regions top players for the season.

 

Certainly there are other players that could make a case to honored on this list, (there is one I think should be on it) but at the end of the day it's the coaches vote.

It is a list of very nice players, not sure i agree with some of those on that list of being the "best 15 players in the region", khsaa stats can back that up. But like you said its the coaches vote.

Regardless of how the names were submitted/votes were tabulated - congrats to all on the list.:thumb:

It is a list of very nice players, not sure i agree with some of those on that list of being the "best 15 players in the region", khsaa stats can back that up. But like you said its the coaches vote.

Stats can't tell the whole truth, either. You'll have better stats when you play less challenging teams.

It is a list of very nice players, not sure i agree with some of those on that list of being the "best 15 players in the region", khsaa stats can back that up. But like you said its the coaches vote.

 

I'm with ya. I'll admit, my best 15 would be just a little different also.

I'm not going to complain though, there's a lot of talent in the 8th!

I'm with ya. I'll admit, my best 15 would be just a little different also. Since I can't vote and I won't complain, I'll just leave it at this....its a heckuva list.

 

Most people's lists would be different. I bet their aren't too many that have seen every team in the 8th region play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.