Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All 8th Region Team

Featured Replies

Most people's lists would be different. I bet their aren't too many that have seen every team in the 8th region play.

 

That was cool. You posted my comment before I got done changing my wording. Guess I gotta be quicker.

 

Anyway, I agree with that about not having seen every team in the region play. I know I certainly haven't. And I am sure most of the coaches voting haven't either. No big deal. It's still for the most part, features the top talent on the 8th.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that this was done with still a week to go in the season. Some teams have 2 or 3 games this week, so coaches haven't seen all of the teams or players. So basically, the coaches are saying that the last week of the season is meaningless. I wonder how many girls didn't make the all region team by 1 or 2 votes because opposing coaches didn't see them and didn't get a vote from them. If you are voting on kids that you haven't seen or played against, it sounds to me that there might be some horse trading going on between coaches to get their respective players on a bogus all region team.

Interesting that this was done with still a week to go in the season. Some teams have 2 or 3 games this week, so coaches haven't seen all of the teams or players. So basically, the coaches are saying that the last week of the season is meaningless. I wonder how many girls didn't make the all region team by 1 or 2 votes because opposing coaches didn't see them and didn't get a vote from them. If you are voting on kids that you haven't seen or played against, it sounds to me that there might be some horse trading going on between coaches to get their respective players on a bogus all region team.

 

Based on what I've seen come across my Timehop app the last few days, this comes out the same time every year.

Based on what I've seen come across my Timehop app the last few days, this comes out the same time every year.

 

And...if votes could go up for the kids that missed it by 1-2 votes...well the votes for the kids that are ahead of them could also go up as well. Playing more games and seeing more kids before you vote doesn't mean it would only benefit the kids the are 1-2 away. It would benefit them all and the same deficit may still exist.

Stats can't tell the whole truth, either. You'll have better stats when you play less challenging teams.

You are exactly correct. That helps justify my point!

[/b]

You are exactly correct. That helps justify my point!

I guess that I missed your point. I thought that you were saying that stats shoud be used to determine the All Region team.

I guess that I missed your point. I thought that you were saying that stats shoud be used to determine the All Region team.

 

If stats aren't involved with selection and strength of schedule/competition is involved I'm pretty confident Trimble and Henry Co wouldn't be included.

 

Its kind of like when momma asked how you were doing in school and you said just fine, your report card may have said differently

If stats aren't involved with selection and strength of schedule/competition is involved I'm pretty confident Trimble and Henry Co wouldn't be included.

 

Its kind of like when momma asked how you were doing in school and you said just fine, your report card may have said differently

Have you seen the girls from Trimble County and Henry County play?

Not even 100% sure I know where henry county is but I think the Payton girl has scored well over 200 points this year and over 100 rebounds. IMO that's worthy of the list..

Not even 100% sure I know where henry county is but I think the Payton girl has scored well over 200 points this year and over 100 rebounds. IMO that's worthy of the list..

 

Interesting I know of a few thats well above that on pts and rbs and didnt make the list

Interesting I know of a few thats well above that on pts and rbs and didnt make the list

Well spill it who's not on the list that should be?

Well spill it who's not on the list that should be?

 

The list is complete and I do want to say congrats to the ones that achieved making the team. I was just searching for answers on how the list was compiled and what all was taken in consideration when determining who was included onto the team. I did get that the coaches voted and this is the best 15 players in the region.

Well spill it who's not on the list that should be?

 

I will. I will.

 

Morgan Simpson - Walton Verona. Has had a tremendous season against one of the more difficult schedules in the 8th region. At least the most road games!

 

Rachel Montgomery - Williamstown. Also has had a tremendous season and Williamstown has arguably played a harder schedule than Trimble and Henry.

 

These are just two that really jump out at me from this part of the region. There could be more.

 

Before someone gets on me...I am not taking anything away from any player that received the honor. I am only giving props to a couple of players that I think have proven to fit right in this list of players and have probably just slipped through the cracks.

Totally agree with you on these two Triple.

yep totally agree on Simpson..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.