Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Archdiocese to Catholics: Don't see "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Featured Replies

The Church comes out of this looking out-dated, ignorant, and just plain stupid IMO.

 

So it's cool to go a see a movie where people go around cutting people's heads off for the hell of it, but a movie showing two people getting freaky is taboo?

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

If you have self-worth or discerning taste, this movie isn't for you.

 

That's comical.

I think I disagree. If you are presiding over a congregation that sees you as their spiritual leader, then it is your responsibility to guide them and teach them what the Bible says. I think it is very much the business of leadership. Accountability is very scripturally based and if you are a member of a church, then it should be expected.It is not any of my business what you do on your personal time because you are not a member of my church, but wherever you attend, you have to expect the church leadership to have an interest and sense of responsibility for you.

 

I'm not sure what you disagree with. I was not clear in my post.

 

I did not say it, but I believe that yes, it is the Archbishop's job to guide his congregation in the right direction, but ultimately whether they decide to follow or not follow is for God's eyes. Not the Archbishop's. JMO.

I'm not sure what you disagree with. I was not clear in my post.

 

I did not say it, but I believe that yes, it is the Archbishop's job to guide his congregation in the right direction, but ultimately whether they decide to follow or not follow is for God's eyes. Not the Archbishop's. JMO.

 

The Catholic Church believes that the Archbishop represents Christ on earth in the line of succession back to the Apostles.

The Catholic Church believes that the Archbishop represents Christ on earth in the line of succession back to the Apostles.

 

And?

 

Yes, he represents Christ. As we all do.

The Church comes out of this looking out-dated, ignorant, and just plain stupid IMO.

 

So it's cool to go a see a movie where people go around cutting people's heads off for the hell of it, but a movie showing two people getting freaky is taboo?

 

The link that I posted in #9 shows over time that the service is consistent in it's ratings of objectionable movies of all types.

I'm not sure what you disagree with. I was not clear in my post.

 

 

Ok. I thought you said that it was not anyone's business except those in the bedroom. I think that is incorrect.

Ok. I thought you said that it was not anyone's business except those in the bedroom. I think that is incorrect.

 

I am saying that what happens in the bedroom is between those in the bedroom and God. JMO.

 

Hope this isn't too far off topic. :)

  • Author
Ok. I thought you said that it was not anyone's business except those in the bedroom. I think that is incorrect.

 

Why is that incorrect? Who else's business would it be?!

The link that I posted in #9 shows over time that the service is consistent in it's ratings of objectionable movies of all types.

 

I see movie reviews. I don't see proclamations that say people shouldn't go see any of those.

  • Author
I see movie reviews. I don't see proclamations that say people shouldn't go see any of those.

 

 

These are the Church's ratings seen in the Messenger every week when giving movie reviews. If the movie you want to see has an "O", that means they don't want you to see it.

 

A-I — general patronage

•A-II — adults and adolescents

•A-III — adults

•A-IV — adults, with reservations (this indicates films that, while not morally offensive in themselves, are not for casual viewing because they require some analysis and explanation in order to avoid false impressions and interpretations)

•L — limited adult audiences, films whose problematic content many adults would find troubling (replaced A-IV classification Nov. 1, 2003)

•O — morally offensive

These are the Church's ratings seen in the Messenger every week when giving movie reviews. If the movie you want to see has an "O", that means they don't want you to see it.

 

A-I — general patronage

•A-II — adults and adolescents

•A-III — adults

•A-IV — adults, with reservations (this indicates films that, while not morally offensive in themselves, are not for casual viewing because they require some analysis and explanation in order to avoid false impressions and interpretations)

•L — limited adult audiences, films whose problematic content many adults would find troubling (replaced A-IV classification Nov. 1, 2003)

•O — morally offensive

 

Didn't see that before, thanks.

 

Find it interesting that the only movies they put an "O" rating to are ones involving sleeping around/sexual themes. Killing is apparently not morally offensive in their mind. :idunno:

Didn't see that before, thanks.

 

Find it interesting that the only movies they put an "O" rating to are ones involving sleeping around/sexual themes. Killing is apparently not morally offensive in their mind. :idunno:

 

Intent matters. Is violence shown in a way that glorifies it or is it made to be seen as a shocking, terrible thing?

 

Saving Private Ryan isn't morally offensive.

 

Natural Born Killers is.

Intent matters. Is violence shown in a way that glorifies it or is it made to be seen as a shocking, terrible thing?

 

Saving Private Ryan isn't morally offensive.

 

Natural Born Killers is.

 

They didn't give Inglourious Basterds an "O". Come on now.

They didn't give Inglourious Basterds an "O". Come on now.

 

:lol2: Fair point.

 

After your post I went in and read the review. It's an interesting take on the glorified, comical violence at the ending.

 

That said, it made me go back through other Tarantino pictures and they hit most all of them with the "O".

 

I think killing Nazis just got the benefit of the doubt...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.