February 8, 201511 yr Cards continue to frustrate. Virginia is good, to be sure, but Cards just terribly beef-headed on offense.
February 8, 201511 yr Hoos will make trip to the Ville for rematch in a few weeks. Without their best player also.
February 8, 201511 yr Author Without their best player also. Yep, it's a big loss, but will be back for NCAA tourney and their schedule really lightens up after trip to Raleigh this week. Didn't play in 2nd half and they still held off Cards charge to win. With that said, the overreaction on UVA board is hilarious.
February 9, 201511 yr Scoreless 10:30 stretch at the end of the 1st half was the difference. UofL got better by playing this game in this environment. Jones & Rozier saw in the 2nd half that driving and creating is necessary rather than waiting for something to happen. UofL's' half court offense is not good enough to wait. I am usually very cautious, but I think they play well against UVa at Yum! Seth Greenberg is right when he points out that poor shooting hurts the Cards not only with the low points, but inability to set up press and defense. Blackshear -- nuff said. If they had enough talent for him to be #6 or #7 and come off the bench, that would be fine. They are not that deep, so when he fails to fire, too much pressure on Rozier, Jones & Harrell.
February 9, 201511 yr Frustrating, because you have to think Louisville wins if they don't go 10+ minutes without scoring in the 1st Half...
February 9, 201511 yr Louisville main problem is at the 5 spot. They can't catch a cold. No points the last two games with more turnovers than rebounds. I like to see at some point Harrell at the 5 with Wayne at the 4. Blackshear is rebounding pretty decent now a days. That would put Aaron at the 3 or Gill could put some minutes in. Something got give because the center position is horrible.
February 9, 201511 yr Louisville main problem is at the 5 spot. They can't catch a cold. No points the last two games with more turnovers than rebounds. I like to see at some point Harrell at the 5 with Wayne at the 4. Blackshear is rebounding pretty decent now a days. That would put Aaron at the 3 or Gill could put some minutes in. Something got give because the center position is horrible. Agreed, the 5 spot is by far the weakest spot on the floor. That was my concern before the season started. At this point, I'd put Mahmoud at the 5 and let him take his lumps. He's got the most upside, and he's only going to get better by playing.
February 9, 201511 yr I'd put Mahmoud at the 5 and let him take his lumps. I haven't seen them as much as you, but I tend to agree.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.