Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Super Bowl Winners Ever

Featured Replies

In principle, I agree with #1.

In principle, I agree with #1.

 

That team was good, but not as good as its record indicates. I believe their combined regular-season opponents' W-L was sub-.500 that year.

 

Personally, I think there is an alarming lack of respect shown to the 70s Steelers squads.

No problem with Miami being picked although I personally would go with Chicago.

Before I look at the list I'm going to say the 1991 Washington Redskins and the 1987 Washington Redskins

No way the 87 Redskins come in at #44

I think that the '86 Giants don't get enough credit. That team was just as good defensively as any team in the Super Bowl Era, and they actually had an offense to go w/ it that season.

I think that the '86 Giants don't get enough credit. That team was just as good defensively as any team in the Super Bowl Era' date=' and they actually had an offense to go w/ it that season.[/quote']

 

14-2 regular season.

 

49-3 over San Francisco in the divisional round.

 

17-0 over Washington in the NFC Championship.

 

39-20 over Denver in the Super Bowl.

 

NFL MVP Lawrence Taylor. They were very very good.

I'd say the best 5 were each team of the Cowboys.

I think that the '86 Giants don't get enough credit. That team was just as good defensively as any team in the Super Bowl Era, and they actually had an offense to go w/ it that season.
Better defensively than the 85 Bears? They were very very good, but that would be a tough sell for me.

I did not see the Miami Dolphins run but I would probably be willing to bet that there were probably 10-20 Super Bowl Champs that would whip the 72 Dolphins. This poll has no merit with me.

  • Author
I did not see the Miami Dolphins run but I would probably be willing to bet that there were probably 10-20 Super Bowl Champs that would whip the 72 Dolphins. This poll has no merit with me.

 

I did and you would be wrong.

 

Hall of Fame: Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, Larry Csonka, Bob Kuechenburg, Larry Little, Jim Langer, Manny Fernandez, Nick Bounocotti

 

Dolphins led the League in Scoring Offense and Defense in '72 and had 2 1,000 yard rushers plus Mr. All Purpose Jim Kiick.

 

Went to 3 straight Super Bowls and if not for the miracle loss to Oakland in the "Sea of Hands" game might have went to four straight and won three straight.

 

I'm not saying other teams don't have arguments, but I am saying you should never short sell the Fins from '71 to '74.

I did and you would be wrong.

 

Hall of Fame: Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, Larry Csonka, Bob Kuechenburg, Larry Little, Jim Langer, Manny Fernandez, Nick Bounocotti

 

Dolphins led the League in Scoring Offense and Defense in '72 and had 2 1,000 yard rushers plus Mr. All Purpose Jim Kiick.

 

Went to 3 straight Super Bowls and if not for the miracle loss to Oakland in the "Sea of Hands" game might have went to four straight and won three straight.

 

I'm not saying other teams don't have arguments, but I am saying you should never short sell the Fins from '71 to '74.

 

I could just as easily quote hall of famers and stats from the Montana 49ers, Parcells Giants, Johnson led Cowboys, Brady Patriots, Elway Broncos, Hogs Redskins, Noll Steelers, etc etc etc. I stand by my statement.

  • Author
I could just as easily quote hall of famers and stats from the Montana 49ers, Parcells Giants, Johnson led Cowboys, Brady Patriots, Elway Broncos, Hogs Redskins, Noll Steelers, etc etc etc. I stand by my statement.

 

Actually Brady Pats and Elway Broncos would have fewer Hall of Fame reps.

 

And again, it's everyone's opinion. I"m a fan who saw them play. Again, I would say they would hold their own vs any of the above. (And in fact did vs the Steelers)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.