Cincinnati 84 Temple 53

Walter

I usually go one UC game a year, I think I picked the right one last night. It was pretty entertaining, they listed the crowd at 12,017. I am not sure on that one, there was a lot of empty seats.

We stayed the entire game, the UC student section started chanting for Toebler (CCH). He got in with 2 minutes left and crowd went crazy!

I usually go one UC game a year, I think I picked the right one last night. It was pretty entertaining, they listed the crowd at 12,017. I am not sure on that one, there was a lot of empty seats.

We stayed the entire game, the UC student section started chanting for Toebler (CCH). He got in with 2 minutes left and crowd went crazy!

Some empty seats on the sidelines, but upper levels and student sections were close to full...with the upper corners being the most obvious that were empty.

I said after the Memphis game that UC missed Cronin bad and was told he wouldn't make a difference. Well Friday night Cronin met with the team and they come out with this performance. It may all just be a coincidence but I don't it is. Cronin has a way of motivating players.

He meets with them every day. Friday was a little different as they had what Kevin Johnson described to me as “It was basically like that father-son talk that you have with your dad that you really hate to hear, but you have to hear it".

Truth is they just aren't at the level of experience yet where they will consistently play well against solid teams on the road. Is some of that not having Mick there? No doubt...

He meets with them every day. Friday was a little different as they had what Kevin Johnson described to me as “It was basically like that father-son talk that you have with your dad that you really hate to hear, but you have to hear it".

Truth is they just aren't at the level of experience yet where they will consistently play well against solid teams on the road. Is some of that not having Mick there? No doubt...

I should have put "met with the team for an extended amount of time". I read that it was somewhere around a 90 minute meeting. Do his normal meetings last that long or was this one longer due to the "father-son" talk that KJ referenced?

I should have put "met with the team for an extended amount of time". I read that it was somewhere around a 90 minute meeting. Do his normal meetings last that long or was this one longer due to the "father-son" talk that KJ referenced?

Longer than most but not uncommon...