Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Mack

Featured Replies

Mix in the fact that weak-side defenders have to have a foot in the paint to protect the pack-line, and since they are often not super quick, they have to either close out under control (and give up good looks), or they close out like JP, get beat off the bounce, and then give up wide open 3's on the other side as the pack-line crowds to stop the driver. Simple stuff.

 

They also crowd the post against everyone, by design, which again leads to guys getting good looks and / or guys closing out aggressively and out of control.

 

I like the pack line a lot, but it doesn't mix well for this group at all...

  • Author
Just to clarify: Abell is not a "very good shooter" and James Farr is one of the least athletic players they've had in decades.

 

The blame is already falling on him like a ton of bricks from inside and outside the University.

 

43% from behind the arc says otherwise on Abell.

43% from behind the arc says otherwise on Abell.

 

He may be shooting a high percentage, but I don't want him taking a big shot from deep (see: Auburn). I would bet when he graduates his 3 point pct will be 10 points lower. They do have shooters, and you left out Bluiett who is and will be a huge threat from deep, I just don't them to have to depend on Abell's unorthodox shot to have to go in. I think Remy does a lot well, on the ball defense and getting to the cup among them, but I wouldn't call him a very good perimeter shooter.

  • Author
He may be shooting a high percentage, but I don't want him taking a big shot from deep (see: Auburn). I would bet when he graduates his 3 point pct will be 10 points lower. They do have shooters, and you left out Bluiett who is and will be a huge threat from deep, I just don't them to have to depend on Abell's unorthodox shot to have to go in. I think Remy does a lot well, on the ball defense and getting to the cup among them, but I wouldn't call him a very good perimeter shooter.

 

Fair enough. I left out Bluiett because he does everything well, and I felt the best way to label him was simply "stud".

I didn't realize Xavier still had a bball program. Nice to know:cool:

I like the pack line a lot, but it doesn't mix well for this group at all...

 

Why do you like the pack line?

Why do you like the pack line?

 

When executed with the right talent level it is very tough to crack. Virginia and Arizona being the obvious examples.

 

That said, if you are going to run it come hell or high water, you can't recruit slow footed offensive minded players and expect it to work. You have to be long and athletic on the wings with a big that can hedge and recover without making the rest of the system bog down waiting. Right now X is waiting for Stainbrook to recover with slow footed guys stuck with a foot in the paint until he does. Easy way for opponents to shoot lights out from deep...

I watched Abel for two years at IU, a very good shooter he is not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.