Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Mack

Featured Replies

Is he in trouble if he can't find a way to turn around the season for Xavier?

 

This team has way too much talent to be performing as they have, and last night's effort was flat out embarrassing for the 1st 30 minutes.

 

Thoughts?

Is he in trouble if he can't find a way to turn around the season for Xavier?

 

This team has way too much talent to be performing as they have, and last night's effort was flat out embarrassing for the 1st 30 minutes.

 

Thoughts?

I thought he stepped down from coaching for awhile. He had that aneurism.

I thought he stepped down from coaching for awhile. He had that aneurism.

 

That was Mick Cronin, and he is out for the year so it can be treated.

That was Mick Cronin, and he is out for the year so it can be treated.

Duhhh never mind. :lol2:

I've never been a fan of Chris Mack. But he is a better coach than I.

First, let's make sure you aren't starting with a faulty premise. Why do you think Xavier has so much talent? I don't follow them real close but at the start of this year I was wondering if they would be better than .500 this season.

  • Author
First, let's make sure you aren't starting with a faulty premise. Why do you think Xavier has so much talent? I don't follow them real close but at the start of this year I was wondering if they would be better than .500 this season.

 

They have 8 guys that are very solid D-I players.

 

Bluiett is an absolute stud.

 

Stainbrook, while not great, is an above average post man, with legit offensive game.

 

They have 3 very good shooters in Myles Davis, JP Macura, and Remy Abel.

 

They have 2 freaky good athletes in James Farr and Jalen Reynolds.

 

Dee Davis is a very capable PG.

 

They can't win away from home.

 

Last year's team was a huge disappointment as well.

 

At what point does the blame start to fall on Coach Mack?

First, let's make sure you aren't starting with a faulty premise. Why do you think Xavier has so much talent? I don't follow them real close but at the start of this year I was wondering if they would be better than .500 this season.

 

They are one of the more talented teams in the country on the offensive end. Defense, not so much...

I think it's a legitimate question and my answer would be "Yes", Chris Mack is (or should be) in trouble if Xavier doesn't finish strong.

 

With that said, I'd never expect an XU fan to admit it.

  • Author
They are one of the more talented teams in the country on the offensive end. Defense, not so much...

 

It was amazing to watch last night....Nova was hitting everything from downtown. At first I thought they were just "on", then I started watching closer and realized every single attempt was a wide-open look. Maybe it's just me, but when a team is known for their perimeter shooting, you'd think you'd make adjustments to contest their looks...

They have 8 guys that are very solid D-I players.

 

Bluiett is an absolute stud.

 

Stainbrook, while not great, is an above average post man, with legit offensive game.

 

They have 3 very good shooters in Myles Davis, JP Macura, and Remy Abel.

 

They have 2 freaky good athletes in James Farr and Jalen Reynolds.

 

Dee Davis is a very capable PG.

 

They can't win away from home.

 

Last year's team was a huge disappointment as well.

 

At what point does the blame start to fall on Coach Mack?

 

When you recruit heavy on offensive skill, the flip side is almost always guys that are a step or two slow on the other end of the floor. They get abused on the pick and roll and are slow rotating to shooters when the ball is moved side to side. They don't have a single lock down defender on the roster and it shows...

I think it's a legitimate question and my answer would be "Yes", Chris Mack is (or should be) in trouble if Xavier doesn't finish strong.

 

With that said, I'd never expect an XU fan to admit it.

 

There are plenty of X fans upset with Mack on their message boards...

I think it's a legitimate question and my answer would be "Yes", Chris Mack is (or should be) in trouble if Xavier doesn't finish strong.

 

With that said, I'd never expect an XU fan to admit it.

 

Really? Look at post #11 in the Xavier / Seton Hall thread.

When you recruit heavy on offensive skill, the flip side is almost always guys that are a step or two slow on the other end of the floor. They get abused on the pick and roll and are slow rotating to shooters when the ball is moved side to side. They don't have a single lock down defender on the roster and it shows...

 

Mix in the fact that weak-side defenders have to have a foot in the paint to protect the pack-line, and since they are often not super quick, they have to either close out under control (and give up good looks), or they close out like JP, get beat off the bounce, and then give up wide open 3's on the other side as the pack-line crowds to stop the driver. Simple stuff.

 

They also crowd the post against everyone, by design, which again leads to guys getting good looks and / or guys closing out aggressively and out of control.

They have 8 guys that are very solid D-I players.

 

Bluiett is an absolute stud.

 

Stainbrook, while not great, is an above average post man, with legit offensive game.

 

They have 3 very good shooters in Myles Davis, JP Macura, and Remy Abel.

 

They have 2 freaky good athletes in James Farr and Jalen Reynolds.

 

Dee Davis is a very capable PG.

 

They can't win away from home.

 

Last year's team was a huge disappointment as well.

 

At what point does the blame start to fall on Coach Mack?

 

 

Just to clarify: Abell is not a "very good shooter" and James Farr is one of the least athletic players they've had in decades.

 

The blame is already falling on him like a ton of bricks from inside and outside the University.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.