Is this a foul?

Nothing makes me angrier than the referees calling ticky-tack fouls, and taking the game out of the players' control. When I watch good teams play I want to watch the best players play. Watching a ref parade his butt over to the scorer's table and demonstrate a touch foul causes my blood to boil. The ref should not be the center of attention in a great basketball game.

I can just see some of these glamour dolls practicing their charging and blocking fouls in front of a mirror. Some will say this doesn't happen but we have refs who are stuck on themselves. I was sitting at a game recently and noticed a good looking woman charting something during a game. I asked if she was judging cheerleaders. To my total amazement she openly acknowledged that her boyfriend was refereeing the game. She was judging his style during the game, so he could improve his appearance. I am telling you, I almost puked. Talk about arrogance! The only thing that exceeded his arrogance was his poor calls.

Nothing makes me angrier than the referees calling ticky-tack fouls, and taking the game out of the players' control. When I watch good teams play I want to watch the best players play. Watching a ref parade his butt over to the scorer's table and demonstrate a touch foul causes my blood to boil. The ref should not be the center of attention in a great basketball game.

I can just see some of these glamour dolls practicing their charging and blocking fouls in front of a mirror. Some will say this doesn't happen but we have refs who are stuck on themselves. I was sitting at a game recently and noticed a good looking woman charting something during a game. I asked if she was judging cheerleaders. To my total amazement she openly acknowledged that her boyfriend was refereeing the game. She was judging his style during the game, so he could improve his appearance. I am telling you, I almost puked. Talk about arrogance! The only thing that exceeded his arrogance was his poor calls.

Don't go to any games where 5th region referees are involved in then. The athletic, aggressive teams are punished by the zebras. The thing that gets me is that in many games, the first half is officiated very well with few fouls called. Then in the second half, they go overboard and it's double bonus time late in the third or early in the fourth quarter. Drives me nuts. This being said, if they are going to call it close, be consistent.