NFL cleared of knowing about Ray Rice's elevator video

The Mueller Report did say that the NFL could have conducted a more thorough investigation.

I agree there. If TMZ got the elevator video first then there is no doubt in my mind that the NFL could have gotten that video......if they really wanted to see what happened.

And if we are to believe this, I think it is the final nail in the coffin that Goodell needs to go. Even a rookie cop would get that one right...

Like I said before, I will watch the NFL no matter what but I have no confidence in Goodell as a leader or a honest man. I understand completely why the players want someone else to have final say that isn't employed by the NFL.

Who cares.

Excellent point.

The games will go on, Rice may or may not play again, and we will all forget about this. Additionally, the NFL is going to do whatever the NFL wants to do because they make so much money even the former FBI Director can't get past the Shield.

I'm still confused by this whole video thing. Why does it matter what was on the video? They already knew what happened and didn't need to see the video to prove that. I think it's a joke how they handled this from the beggining.

I'm still confused by this whole video thing. Why does it matter what was on the video? They already knew what happened and didn't need to see the video to prove that. I think it's a joke how they handled this from the beggining.

It matters because it would be proof Goodell is a liar.

I agree with your sentiment but G answered why it matters.