Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Warren 81 Apollo 66

Featured Replies

Two losses for the Apollo Eagles and a big home win for South Warren. Both teams have 1st year head coaches at their respective schools.

Deron Breeze at South Warren is going to do great things, I became a fan of them the moment they hired him!

How is the 8th Grader doing for South Warren?

 

The 8th Grader did not play vs Apollo. He is a scorer though... Needs to work on Defense and getting teammates more involved.

Ugly loss for Apollo. That is no offense meant toward South Warren who normally has a solid team. I just expected a lot more out of the Eagles. I figured them to be a top 15 team in the preseason, but that just isnt the case right now. Its taking them a lot longer to gel under Barker than i expected. Im curious to see how they respond to this slow start.

Ugly loss for Apollo. That is no offense meant toward South Warren who normally has a solid team. I just expected a lot more out of the Eagles. I figured them to be a top 15 team in the preseason, but that just isnt the case right now. Its taking them a lot longer to gel under Barker than i expected. Im curious to see how they respond to this slow start.

 

You know considerably more about Apollo than most of us, but this is how I saw the team before the season started. Maybe not Top 15 right out of the gate, but certainly the potential to get there.

 

Do you think they are failing to perform to their level, or were our expectations too high?

Ugly loss for Apollo. That is no offense meant toward South Warren who normally has a solid team. I just expected a lot more out of the Eagles. I figured them to be a top 15 team in the preseason, but that just isnt the case right now. Its taking them a lot longer to gel under Barker than i expected. Im curious to see how they respond to this slow start.

 

I have to agree with this. I watched them scrimmage at Fern Creek last month.

 

Steve Barker is a GREAT coach. He will get it fixed. I have to believe that group is better suited to playing fast instead of trying to run a set for a post entry every time down the floor.

 

The important thing is that its only December. Lots of room to improve before the games really matter!

After i saw them play this summer(i know that its just summer and to take with a grain of salt)i expected this team to be an uptempo squad led by a swarming defense. I saw a lot of ball pressure and a very uptempo offense. I have not seen that thus far this season. I know Barker is a great coach and i expect he will put the talent together soon. No question. But right now, they are struggling to find their way. Their offense is very stagnant. There is no motion and i am not seeing very much ball pressure at all. Barker has a long road to get these guys performing at the level they are capable of but with their upcoming schedule they are going to take some lumps.

 

To answer your question i think its a little of both. I had expectations that were probably to high for a new coach installing a new system. I do think they CAN get to the level i expected them to be at eventually. They arent going to be an easy out come tournament time no matter what record they bring.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.