December 4, 201411 yr Why is that, I was hoping he would run for President. You just answered your own question.
December 4, 201411 yr Author Well, tell me a "black issue" that Mr Powell has taken up? What does that have to do with running the country? Does a person HAVE to pander to his own race? Is just being a natural leader not good enough.
December 4, 201411 yr What does that have to do with running the country? Does a person HAVE to pander to his own race? Is just being a natural leader not good enough. You said he should be looked at as a black leader.
December 4, 201411 yr What does that have to do with running the country? Does a person HAVE to pander to his own race? Is just being a natural leader not good enough. Absolutely. I think he'd be a great candidate for POTUS. At the same time to say he is a black leader is false. Just because he is black doesn't qualify him as a black leader. Obama isn't a black leader either. MLK, Malcolm X....black leaders.
December 4, 201411 yr The minister is like looting in many white people's eyes. They generalize that he represents the majority of blacks. Sorry Clyde, if I understand your metaphor, I completely disagree. I don't know a single white person that thinks "a majority of blacks loot", nor that LF "represents a majority of blacks".
December 4, 201411 yr Sorry Clyde' date=' if I understand your metaphor, I completely disagree. I don't know a single white person that thinks "a majority of blacks loot", nor that LF "represents a majority of blacks".[/quote'] You run with a smart crowd.
December 4, 201411 yr The minister is like looting in many white people's eyes. They generalize that he represents the majority of blacks. The brush you are using is quite wide.
December 4, 201411 yr If David Duke spoke right now about stringing up blacks what would your reaction be? When Louis Farrakhan speaks a majority of blacks don't even pay attention to him. I think that is pretty obvious. When a majority of blacks start taking him seriously then there is a problem. Right now he's no different from the Grand Wizard spewing his hate at a Klan rally that no one is paying any attention to. None of them deserve the media coverage or our attention. The more attention he gets the more Farrakhan wins and I think it is safe to say we don't want or need him winning. I would dare say if David Duke made similar comments it would be on the news cycle within minutes and be the big story of the day.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.