Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas/Kentucky Predictions

Texas at Kentucky 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Texas at Kentucky

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Anyone else going to this game tonight?

 

Yep, headed south right after work.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Officials for tonight's game are Lee Cassell, Doug Sirmons and Don Daily.

 

Is this good or bad?????

I'm not able to make it tonight, I should be there next Saturday though for the UNC game. I usually go in early and we are in section 21 row vv, seats 1-2 if anyone wants to say hello, or meet up before hand.

Sold my tickets for tonight. Shouldn't have...

Sold my tickets for tonight. Shouldn't have...

 

I imagine it will be an outstanding atmosphere. Wish I could be there, but mom doesn't get to go to many big games anymore due to her work schedule.

I'm not able to make it tonight, I should be there next Saturday though for the UNC game. I usually go in early and we are in section 21 row vv, seats 1-2 if anyone wants to say hello, or meet up before hand.

 

We are in section 21 too....row GG. I won't be going next week. We only have 2 tickets and Hubby and son are going to that game.

UK beat Texas-Arlington by 48 points. Texas beat them by 10 and for much of the game it was closer than that.

 

That's all I need to know. There's not going to be much of a contest here. I think Cats win by 20+.

 

 

From what I've seen from Texas, who is on a lot down here since the Longhorn Network is forced in basically all cable packages, the Horns were potentially playing a slower than they would have in order to try and implement some things they wouldn't normally do against a team like UTA that they'll have to do to beat Kentucky.

Vegas Lines:

 

 

Overall:

 

Spread:

Kentucky -12.5

Texas +12.5

 

Moneyline:

Kentucky -950

Texas +624

 

Over/Under:

122.5

*Vegas says low scoring, and it was even lower this morning.

 

Team Totals:

Kentucky Points O/U 67.5

Texas Points O/U 55

 

 

 

1st Half:

 

1H Spread:

Kentucky -7

Texas +7

 

1H Over/Under:

56.5 Points

 

1H Team Totals:

Kentucky Points - O/U 32

Texas Points - O/U 25

Cats by 15+. Just too much size.

 

We are in section 21 too....row GG. I won't be going next week. We only have 2 tickets and Hubby and son are going to that game.

 

I don't go to nearly as many games as I did as a kid, but hopefully we can say hello sometime soon. Have you always been in 21 or did you get moved when the erruption zone was started too? We used to be in section 35, row kk but that is now part of the student section.

I don't go to nearly as many games as I did as a kid, but hopefully we can say hello sometime soon. Have you always been in 21 or did you get moved when the erruption zone was started too? We used to be in section 35, row kk but that is now part of the student section.

 

No we have always had these tickets since Rupp opened. We have had season tickets since 1974. Yes , I would love to meet you. I don't get to go as much either...son goes when he isn't working.

 

No we have always had these tickets since Rupp opened. We have had season tickets since 1974. Yes , I would love to meet you. I don't get to go as much either...son goes when he isn't working.

 

Work and my 3 year old is what has kept me from games recently too. It's hard to make it to most weekday games with the 2 hour drive to and from, and as much as I love the games I enjoy spending my weekends with my daughter more.

 

We have had tickets since Rupp opened also, my stepdads parents actually had tickets at memorial. But he was forced to relocate once the erruption zone was created. Both were great seats though, so no complaints here. I'm sure we will be able to meet up sooner than later.

My concern with Kentucky playing Texas: if Cameron Ridley is able to stay out of foul trouble, we are going to have trouble moving him around in the paint.

 

I see Texas grinding the game to a halt and trying to lengthen the time of possessions (i.e., how quickly they attack and look to shoot/score) because they are more likely to get the best of us if we each have 50 possessions than if we each have 100.

 

They have enough athleticism to work late into the shot clock and still be able to afford to let someone try to go one-on-one and create something with time winding down. Obviously they don't want to be forced to throw up shots late in the clock, but if they have to force a few, then the tradeoff is probably worth it in terms of what you take as the most realistic optimal plan.

 

Ridley can eat a ton of space and get deep position. Think of him as a Roy Hibbert type center who is big, and while a bit slow, can just kill you inside. Dakari, who gets lots of mixed defensive reviews from fans as is, will have his hands full with him. Towns will probably be a body whose thrown at Ridley, but he's also a freshman whose body isn't as mature as Ridley's. Because of their thin frames, Cauley-Stein and Lee will most likely be most effective against him coming as a help defender and making Ridley look for them and/or think about their presence altering shots.

 

Ridley isn't the most worrisome man on Texas' front court though. That'd be Myles Turner. He's been a force so far, and despite an inconsistent performance against UConn, will be just as athletic and capable as anyone UK can throw at him. If Texas is going to keep it close, they'll need a big offensive performance from Turner.

 

Rounding out Texas frontcourt is Jonathon Holmes, a 6'8 senior who is a pretty solid player that can be expected to get somewhere in the range of 12 and 8, and Connor Lammert, a 6'9 junior without much of an offensive repertoire, but with a real propensity for rebounding and fouling.

 

If UK bothers Texas anywhere (aside from the obvious depth), it's with their length the guard spots. Isaiah Taylor is out, which is good news for the Cats, so the Horns' Javan Felix, a 5'11 junior, and DeMarcus Holland, a 6'2 junior, will have to withstand the waves of defensive pressure and make smart decisions with the ball. Kendall Yancy is a 6'3 sophomore whose role has increased with Taylor out, so expect him to be the first in the sub rotations at guard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.