Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 27 Titans 24

Featured Replies

Its pretty easy to say that considering the team they beat in the Bengals is a team who has usually always sucked in prime time games, and that was nothing different. The browns didn't really do much to say wow they are great, however the Bengals did plenty to show wow they are sucking. Its hard to say that shows they will do well in a playoff game or something, since the team they beat has sucked in those types of games for awhile now.

 

You have to remember I was one of the few people who actually talked up the Browns even before the season started because I did realize they were putting together a pretty good team. However at this point, they are just like the Bengals in the fact they have proven that they could do something in the playoffs. The Ravens and Steelers have a history of doing well in the playoffs if they make it. As I have said with the Bengals anything is possible once you make the playoffs. However if were going on right now who would have the best shot to do well, you have to go with who has shown that they can.

You are truly self deluded.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it as a fan of the Bengals, but as a football fan I love watching Bell play.

Lots being said this morning about Blount leaving the field while the game was in progress; apparently not happy about Bell getting all the carries. I guess there's a reason this guy is on his fourth NFL squad in five seasons.

 

Cut him loose and sign Tate.

I hope Tomlin stays around forever. He's worse than Marvin. That TO at the end of the half almost cost them the game.

 

I would take Tomlin over Marvin. Marvin is horrible.

You are truly self deluded.

 

Go back and take a look at the beginning of the year and what was being said about the Browns then if you like. I was just trying to show that I was not just someone who was taking a shot at the Browns. I have recognized for awhile that the Browns have put together a decent little team. However the Browns just like the Bengals have yet to show that you can count on them to do anything in big games or playoffs. That is why I was saying right now only the Ravens and Steelers are teams at this moment that I could see making a run if they make it.

Go back and take a look at the beginning of the year and what was being said about the Browns then if you like. I was just trying to show that I was not just someone who was taking a shot at the Browns. I have recognized for awhile that the Browns have put together a decent little team. However the Browns just like the Bengals have yet to show that you can count on them to do anything in big games or playoffs. That is why I was saying right now only the Ravens and Steelers are teams at this moment that I could see making a run if they make it.

 

I read it all. I don't have to go back. There were several folks on here giving the Browns credit. Not to mention all of the big shot prognosticators nationally were on their jock. It wasn't an epiphany that they had a solid D. The rest was improving. Now that Gordon is back, they are formidable, obviously. Come on man.

I hate it as a fan of the Bengals, but as a football fan I love watching Bell play.

 

Same can be said from Steelers fans regarding your rookie RB. Respect.

I read it all. I don't have to go back. There were several folks on here giving the Browns credit. Not to mention all of the big shot prognosticators nationally were on their jock. It wasn't an epiphany that they had a solid D. The rest was improving. Now that Gordon is back, they are formidable, obviously. Come on man.

The Browns killed their chance by letting Houston beat them at home. They could've had first place... But now, it's gonna be a lot tougher to get done. They still have to learn to win the big game too. After killing the Bengals, I thought the Houston game was a huge (almost - must win) game for the Browns.

I read it all. I don't have to go back. There were several folks on here giving the Browns credit. Not to mention all of the big shot prognosticators nationally were on their jock. It wasn't an epiphany that they had a solid D. The rest was improving. Now that Gordon is back, they are formidable, obviously. Come on man.

 

I just went back and read a lot of the threads before the season started and saw many people saying they will be horrible. Now I will say I can admit when I was wrong because I went back and looked at what I said, and I said they would be a team that would contend for the playoffs if they had Josh Gordon all year because they do have a great defense and getting better on offense. So I didn't give them as much credit as I thought I did since they didn't have Gordon. Really the only one I saw who was giving them the most credit even without Gordon was the Browns fan I believe it was Svfan4life.

Timeout? Turnover?

 

3rd and 10 on the 20. 55 seconds remaining and the clock is running. 3 TO's left. To call one there right way to save clock was so dumb. The pick was huge obviously, but the TO was the dumbest call in that situation. They were not going to run out of time that drive. They could have at least wasted 20 seconds before calling one. I would have loved it to cost them the game.

3rd and 10 on the 20. 55 seconds remaining and the clock is running. 3 TO's left. To call one there right way to save clock was so dumb. The pick was huge obviously, but the TO was the dumbest call in that situation. They were not going to run out of time that drive. They could have at least wasted 20 seconds before calling one. I would have loved it to cost them the game.
They didn't have the personnel they wanted in there, fact. And that screw up was totally on Ben. You can slam Tomlin for many things, but you're way off base with that one.
They didn't have the personnel they wanted in there, fact. And that screw up was totally on Ben. You can slam Tomlin for many things, but you're way off base with that one.

 

They called it instantly and Tomlin called it. They should have run the clock down. I know you are a Steelers fan, but I watch games too. I saw what happened. I don't understand why you always have to say I'm off base or I'm wrong. It is a 100% fact they called it instantly before 3rd and long. Anything you say to dispute that is 100% wrong. They didn't call it strictly to change personnel. It cost them giving up a TD.

1st and 10 at TEN 20 (1:05) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep right to M.Bryant (B.Wreh-Wilson).

2nd and 10 at TEN 20 (1:00) (Shotgun) L.Bell left tackle to TEN 17 for 3 yards (D.Stafford).

Timeout #2 by PIT at 00:52.

3rd and 7 at TEN 17 (:52) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle intended for A.Brown INTERCEPTED by J.McCourty at TEN -2. Touchback.

 

Here is the play by play. You telling me this wasn't called to save time? You telling me they lined up and thought they had in the wrong personnel? Nope. All 3 plays were run from the shotgun. What personnel was he dying to get in there without milking clock?

They called it instantly and Tomlin called it. They should have run the clock down. I know you are a Steelers fan, but I watch games too. I saw what happened. I don't understand why you always have to say I'm off base or I'm wrong. It is a 100% fact they called it instantly before 3rd and long. Anything you say to dispute that is 100% wrong. They didn't call it strictly to change personnel. It cost them giving up a TD.
What cost them giving up a TD was William Gay trying to jump a route to steal another pick 6 and getting roasted with no help over the top at all. You can hang this one on Tomlin because of your disdain for him, that's cool. But that TD had zero to do with that timeout. Think about it for one second. Let's say they score there and there's 5 seconds after the resuming kickoff return. Does that change Gay jumping that route? If there's one tic on the clock that is a touchdown. And regardless of the remaining time, there's no way in the world you expect Ben to throw a pick in the endzone there. You keep Marvin.

And for the record, I only say you're wrong when I think your wrong. And you're wrong alot in my opinion.

1st and 10 at TEN 20 (1:05) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete deep right to M.Bryant (B.Wreh-Wilson).

2nd and 10 at TEN 20 (1:00) (Shotgun) L.Bell left tackle to TEN 17 for 3 yards (D.Stafford).

Timeout #2 by PIT at 00:52.

3rd and 7 at TEN 17 (:52) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle intended for A.Brown INTERCEPTED by J.McCourty at TEN -2. Touchback.

 

Here is the play by play. You telling me this wasn't called to save time? You telling me they lined up and thought they had in the wrong personnel? Nope. All 3 plays were run from the shotgun. What personnel was he dying to get in there without milking clock?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. They discussed on the sideline what they wanted and WHO they wanted on 3rd down. Then Ben tossed the pick, pretty easily understood. It was more to do with the situation on the field down and distance than time. Good lord.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.