Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Warren County/BG

Featured Replies

Does it effect other Government funding?

 

No. There are state and federal grants that are associated with certain programs provided by the school system, but test scores standing alone, do not effect funding.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What you are refusing to understand is that it takes more than SEEK money to educate a student. BGISD would save more than they lost in the short term and County would lose more than they gain. Every neutral party who has ruled on this understands this an Dragonfire wins the day. His post is so accurate its creepy.

 

No I am not refusing to understand that it takes more than Seek money for education and I understand and agree that in the long run it would take more to educate those students than the short term benefit is.

 

What I have been trying to say is there is not a Business, Government or School District in America that is going to willing give up 300,000 dollars to 1.5 million regardless of what the short or long term benefits may or may not be without a fight nor is there one that is not going to try and get that money as well.

 

I will also agree again DragonFire is probably more accurate on this than anyone will ever know.

I don't have anything better to do right now so here goes. If it costs 2 million to educate this group of students but you only receive 1.5 million then you are losing .5 million to educate them if you get them back.

Someone help out here, how can one school system tell you that you cannot go to another school system?

I don't have anything better to do right now so here goes. If it costs 2 million to educate this group of students but you only receive 1.5 million then you are losing .5 million to educate them if you get them back.

 

Your correct.

 

But if it cost 2 million and lose the 1.5 million which gave you a loss of .5 million and you don't cut the cost of the 2 million they would be in a world of hurt. So question is where do you cut the 2 million cost from the budget? Are they going to pink slip teachers? If they do it cant be tenured teachers so the cut will be in the lower cost of employees which in the immediate short term wouldn't help them out if they loose the money.

 

Therefore if they retain the higher cost of educators and have less money coming in their cost would increase per current student and put a hurt on them and would be several years to recognize the benefit of losing the 1.5 million.

 

Please don't get me wrong I am not saying you are wrong nor am I saying I am right. I am just saying IMHO that the immediate benefits of the 1.5 million is outweighing the long term benefits or effects of the decision because of the state of the economy of our education system.

Oh my GOD you can't even do simple math I'm out. Peace homey.

Someone help out here, how can one school system tell you that you cannot go to another school system?

 

They can't, but they can try and dictate the money that follows.

If the school can handle the numbers? Absolutely.

 

Aren't you going to send your kids where you feel is the best school for them? I am.

 

I'm going to move into the district I feel will serve my family best. :thumb:

 

Several homes for sell in the Potter Gray area right now!

2 - 1.5 = .5 and you said it was a loss.

 

and I agree.

 

What I tried to say is if you let that revenue go you would have a 2 million dollar cost rather than .5 million if you don't cut the cost and my question was where would the city cut the cost or how fast would they?

 

I am out as well because I think we both need to agree to disagree on this issue.

Edited by jcarter

The city gave more than I thought they would. But it's great that it's FINALLY over.

The city gave more than I thought they would. But it's great that it's FINALLY over.

 

I think they gave more because of the 15 year longevity of the agreement instead of the 10.

BTW, as I read that, the real losers will be St. Joseph's. Since kindergartners are given priority, anyone who sends their children to private schools in the area (primarily St. Joseph's) takes the risk that they won't be able to get their children into BG when the time comes.

The house I was looking at by Potter Gray just dropped in price.

 

Coincidence?

BTW, as I read that, the real losers will be St. Joseph's. Since kindergartners are given priority, anyone who sends their children to private schools in the area (primarily St. Joseph's) takes the risk that they won't be able to get their children into BG when the time comes.

 

Boooooooooo, St. Joesph's kids should be allowed to go to high school where they want to. Boooooooo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.