Question about Warren County/BG

jbwill2

Boooooooooo, St. Joesph's kids should be allowed to go to high school where they want to. Boooooooo.

To be fair I might be misinterpreting it, I just have difficulty seeing how it would work differently. I would think it natural for BG to want to fill their vacancies with as many kindergartners as they can since those will be students over 13 years compared to less coming from private schools. And since it will be a random draw for anyone entering above the kindergarten age, they can't prioritize private school kids over any other areas. Maybe they'll come up with a percentage split on how many kindergartner slots they'll have open versus ages above that?

I look forward to reading the formal agreement whenever it comes out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair I might be misinterpreting it, I just have difficulty seeing how it would work differently. I would think it natural for BG to want to fill their vacancies with as many kindergartners as they can since those will be students over 13 years compared to less coming from private schools. And since it will be a random draw for anyone entering above the kindergarten age, they can't prioritize private school kids over any other areas. Maybe they'll come up with a percentage split on how many kindergartner slots they'll have open versus ages above that?

I look forward to reading the formal agreement whenever it comes out.

60% Kindergarten (based on application date) and 40% new non-residents (based on random draw)

Saw also where siblings of current students are automatically admitted, which is natural.

A guesstimate would be that this will reduce incoming non-residents the next five years from roughly 80-90 per year to 60-70.

I was wondering about siblings.

If a kid doesn't make a random draw can they continue to try yearly?