Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Warren County/BG

Featured Replies

Boooooooooo, St. Joesph's kids should be allowed to go to high school where they want to. Boooooooo.

 

To be fair I might be misinterpreting it, I just have difficulty seeing how it would work differently. I would think it natural for BG to want to fill their vacancies with as many kindergartners as they can since those will be students over 13 years compared to less coming from private schools. And since it will be a random draw for anyone entering above the kindergarten age, they can't prioritize private school kids over any other areas. Maybe they'll come up with a percentage split on how many kindergartner slots they'll have open versus ages above that?

 

I look forward to reading the formal agreement whenever it comes out.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair I might be misinterpreting it, I just have difficulty seeing how it would work differently. I would think it natural for BG to want to fill their vacancies with as many kindergartners as they can since those will be students over 13 years compared to less coming from private schools. And since it will be a random draw for anyone entering above the kindergarten age, they can't prioritize private school kids over any other areas. Maybe they'll come up with a percentage split on how many kindergartner slots they'll have open versus ages above that?

 

I look forward to reading the formal agreement whenever it comes out.

 

60% Kindergarten (based on application date) and 40% new non-residents (based on random draw)

60% Kindergarten (based on application date) and 40% new non-residents (based on random draw)

 

Well there it is. Still places private schoolers more at risk but maybe not quite as bad.

Saw also where siblings of current students are automatically admitted, which is natural.

 

A guesstimate would be that this will reduce incoming non-residents the next five years from roughly 80-90 per year to 60-70.

Saw also where siblings of current students are automatically admitted, which is natural.

 

A guesstimate would be that this will reduce incoming non-residents the next five years from roughly 80-90 per year to 60-70.

 

 

I was wondering about siblings.

 

If a kid doesn't make a random draw can they continue to try yearly?

I was wondering about siblings.

 

If a kid doesn't make a random draw can they continue to try yearly?

 

I imagine they could.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.