Williamsburg Job

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been at least 10 applications. I would say Hicks is the front runner but interviews will start probably next week and it could be very interesting because I believe Mr. Byrd and Mr. Peters will hire the best person for the job.

No doubt.... both are former Coaches who know what it takes to win at Williamsburg. I think both know what the community expects and what qualities and personal traits the new coach will need to be successful. I think the only holdup will be the resources that they can offer the right person. If they are allowed to create or establish the right position then it will be a good hire. If they have to hire with the openings the have presently then it might limit their ability to find the best person.

Hicks appears to be the front runner as of now. I think there might be some late arriving applicants that might give him a run for his money. I think it is too early to say he has the job sewed up. Seems like the interest level has risen on this job the past week. Big movements going on behind the scenes that might shock most of the basketball world. Hats off to the Jacket Administration expecially Mr. Byrd and Mr. Peters for doing this the right way. I hope they land the best Coach after the interviews are completed. :thumb:

I believe that Williamsburg has always done the right thing in looking for a new coach. I have heard about their atheletic director and he seems to have his ducks in a row. Is it true that the superintendant was once a coach, if so where?

I think that their middle school coach is who I have coached against is a top notch guy and whoever takes the head coaching job, more than likely would find a coach that is willing to help. Billy and I went to college together and recently coached against one another so I wish him and the High school coach all of the success in the world:thumb:

I believe that Williamsburg has always done the right thing in looking for a new coach. I have heard about their atheletic director and he seems to have his ducks in a row. Is it true that the superintendant was once a coach, if so where?

I think that their middle school coach is who I have coached against is a top notch guy and whoever takes the head coaching job, more than likely would find a coach that is willing to help. Billy and I went to college together and recently coached against one another so I wish him and the High school coach all of the success in the world:thumb:

You keep believing what you wish Fundamental, but you are obviously unaware of some the controversal hires by past administrators. If you do not understand the sins of the past please do not make inferences to them.

Seems like everyone is on the same page and want to hire the best Coach possible this time around. Now is that Coach gonna be Hicks, Coldiron, Rick Jones or someone to be named later.

You are right, I do not understand the past, I am not even from the area, I just heard from a good friend that Williamsburg's administration is sincere about trying to get the best coach. I just wish my friend and his school the very best. Didn't mean to make you so hostile:walk:

IF my sources are correct, which they usually are.....then Coach Hicks was at williamsburg high school today recieving a tour of the gym and the basketball coaches office and the locker room so this leads me to believe that he will be the next coach and that it is almost a done deal.

IF my sources are correct, which they usually are.....then Coach Hicks was at williamsburg high school today recieving a tour of the gym and the basketball coaches office and the locker room so this leads me to believe that he will be the next coach and that it is almost a done deal.

Why would Hicks leave a school with 1000 students to come to one with 200 students, unless he just wants to return to his home region? But the 13th will not be a walk in the park now that the Laurels are there, and Harlan County ready to consolidate in a few years. Plus all the other usual contenders like Clay, Bell, and Corbin, and now Whitley with Deaton as their new coach.

Why would Hicks leave a school with 1000 students to come to one with 200 students, unless he just wants to return to his home region? But the 13th will not be a walk in the park now that the Laurels are there, and Harlan County ready to consolidate in a few years. Plus all the other usual contenders like Clay, Bell, and Corbin, and now Whitley with Deaton as their new coach.

Thats what Im thinking

Why would Hicks leave Greenup? Because the administration wants him gone and are doing their best to run him off.

Why come to the 13th? Maybe welcomes a challenge that a small school presents. Williamsburg has had some success in years past with the right coach in place in the 13th. Small schools will just have some down years due to numbers and thats just the way it is.

Maybe you hit on something with him wanting to be close to home, things should shake out soon.

Maybe he just wants out of Greenup.