Williamsburg Job

Mike Croley is a tremendous coach and would be a great fit. He would be in the 40 age range and might just want to come back home. I know that he still has tons of family in the area and with his family connections he would be able to get all of the key kids on the court and make the Jackets solid again.

Can you image the excitement for basketball in Whitley Co. with Mike Deaton and Mike Croley landing in the same year!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croley might be a good fit but I dont think he has coached basketball for several years.He has been coaching football.

I think Mike Croley would be an outstanding fit for Williamsburg. Yes he has been coaching football, and has been out of the game a while. Has basketball really changed that much? I just watched a week of basketball in the 40's so it seems like the game has reverted back to the Dean Smith days and the 4 corners.. For those that remember, Bill Mike Runyon took his football team further than his basketball team this past year, and Runyon was considered a basketball guy!! This can work if the right people get behind Coach Croley.. He knows the game and is an outstanding coach.

Wingt- I believe Mike is in early 50"s..

Actually, if I'm thinking about the right Mike Croley, he graduated from WHS in 1982 so that would make him around 42 or 43. I think he used to coach football up in Grant County or Owen County maybe.

There are two Mike Croleys assoicated with with Williamsburg.

1. Mike Croley, Class of 1982. Currently assitant football coach at Scott Co.

2. Mike Croley AKA Willard Croley class of early 70's. Former teacher at Williamsburg and current resident of the state of Florida, or at least last time I heard.

Ryan Wilson may come off the wrestling circuit and become head coach.

I wasnt saying Croley couldnt coach basketball just that he hadnt in a while and may not be interested at all in getting into it.

I saw Ryan wrestling up in London a couple of weeks ago. He is Wrestling in OVW which is like the triple league for the WWE, plus he is under contract with the WWE. With his size he has a future, and I would think making more money then he would if he went back to Williamsburg, but you never know.

There are two Mike Croleys assoicated with with Williamsburg.

1. Mike Croley, Class of 1982. Currently assitant football coach at Scott Co.

2. Mike Croley AKA Willard Croley class of early 70's. Former teacher at Williamsburg and current resident of the state of Florida, or at least last time I heard.

I am referring to the Mike Croley who is teaching and coaching football somewhere in central Kentucky. He may be in his early 40's and at one time he was coaching at Scott County or Scott High. I have heard he is an outstanding football coach, but his passion is basketball.

The Mutt is hearing from a very good source that Darrell Guffy and Rich Prewitt are both going to be hired by Williamsburg. Guffy will be the head basketball coach. Prewitt will be a high ranking school administrator and assisstant basketball coach. If this rumor is true, Williamsburg is picking up a top notch basketball man in Rich Prewitt. Any one that knows Rich is aware of his exceptional work ethic and leadership skills. Rich is an outstanding man that will stand in the face of a tough situation and excel. Rich would be a great hire for any organization. In Guffy, they are picking up a good person with high values. As a basketball coach, Guffy still has a lot to learn, but he is young, energetic and he has a point to prove.

Prewitt's experience, personal skills, and leadership will be a tremendous asset to Guffy. I think these two guys will do a great job as a team. Williamsburg will be tremendously improved immediately.

As of March 21 there where about 10 applications with only 1 local. Guffey or Prewitt have not turned in an application. However I do believe Guffey had picked one up

Also, Athletic Director Gary Peters has finished the schedule for next year which includes 2 games with South, Corbin and Whitley.

The name I keep hearing is Jim Bob Hicks. I would not be surprised to see him scoping out the scene in Orange and White land in the next few days. Again these are rumors, but my sources in the Burg say he is the chosen one by the Supt.

Kids leaving Whiltey and going to Williamsburg....wishful thinking on the part of the Yellow Jacket Faithful.

Whiltey is not the Whitley of the old days, they have more sports offered, more facilities, and more importantly, more AP classes and more choices of reagular classes. I think in many ways the Colonels have surpassed the Yellow Jackets.[/QUOT:laugh:

I believe that Williamsburg has alot to offer compared to other schools, for an example is it not still in the top 20 school districts in the state of Kentucky and is the top academic school in the region, has not it's football team made the playoffs two of the last three years. Do they not win region in both boys and girls track year in and year out. Have they not won more boys basketball district championships than above mentioned school.

Now as for the coaching opening, I know for a fact that Williamsburg will hire the best canidate that applies for the job. I wish them the very best, but I know that they will do a great job

Kids leaving Whiltey and going to Williamsburg....wishful thinking on the part of the Yellow Jacket Faithful.

Whiltey is not the Whitley of the old days, they have more sports offered, more facilities, and more importantly, more AP classes and more choices of reagular classes. I think in many ways the Colonels have surpassed the Yellow Jackets.[/QUOT:laugh:

I believe that Williamsburg has alot to offer compared to other schools, for an example is it not still in the top 20 school districts in the state of Kentucky and is it not the top academic school in the region( reports from CATS scores and No Child Left Behind), has not it's football team made the playoffs two of the last three years. Do they not win region in both boys and girls track year in and year out. Have they not won more boys basketball district championships than above mentioned school. :dancingpa

Now as for the coaching opening, I know for a fact that Williamsburg will hire the best canidate that applies for the job. I wish them the very best, but I know that they will do a great job