Williamsburg Job

Names of interest from this area:

1. Vernon, either of the three would be great hires. I think Mark is the most likely of the three to consider the position.

2. Woods (either of the two) local boys who win where ever they are. Not sure Williamsburg can afford either of them. I can not see these guys in the class room.

3. Guffy, a young coach with a lot of energy and a point to prove. Could be a great hire. Nothing like scorn to motivate a man.

4. West, was very successful at Williamsburg. Maybe enough of the old faces have changed to allow his return.

5. Prewitt, a good basketball coach living within the city limits. He would be a great hire, but I cannot see him leaving the county.

6. Evans, did not have great success at Whitley, but he has had success in the past. Would probably be a good hire.

7. Jim Rains, has always coached girls but is a very good basketball coach. If he would accept the job, he would be an ideal hire.

8.Mike Crowley a Williamsburg native with good coaching skills.

Just a few names that would fit nicely with the Williamsburg program. What do you think Southern?

1. Either of the Vernon's would be the best Coach for the Burg. But they are too smart to put themselves in that situation.

2. Kenny might bite, but too much history.

3. Guffy is the most likely person to be wearing Orange and White if he is not helping Cumberland College next season.

4. West will not go back, he forgives but he has not forgotten....Wburg messed up when some ran him out of town. Young coach who would have stayed his whole career.

5. Prewitt..... see West above...first great Coach the Burg ran off because he played to win...makes too much money out at Whitley and his wife will not let him return.

6. Evans will stay in the Knox area.....he has too many connections

7. The Silent Cow will stay with the ladies side of the court.

8. Croley is way out there, a blast from the past.....might as well throw in LeForce, Danny Johnson,Jake Mountjoy, Billy Conn, Donnie Witt, Alvin Evans and Loren Connell as potentials....lol....good list Mutt...you know your Williamsburg hoops well.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the Supt at Wburg would like being the second highest paid employee....$85,000 is about twice what the position will pay....this is a marry for love job.....:D

The $85,000 is probably a reference to what Whitley is going to be paying their new coach, including his day job of course.

1. Either of the Vernon's would be the best Coach for the Burg. But they are too smart to put themselves in that situation.

2. Kenny might bite, but too much history.

3. Guffy is the most likely person to be wearing Orange and White if he is not helping Cumberland College next season.

4. West will not go back, he forgives but he has not forgotten....Wburg messed up when some ran him out of town. Young coach who would have stayed his whole career.

5. Prewitt..... see West above...first great Coach the Burg ran off because he played to win...makes too much money out at Whitley and his wife will not let him return.

6. Evans will stay in the Knox area.....he has too many connections

7. The Silent Cow will stay with the ladies side of the court.

8. Croley is way out there, a blast from the past.....might as well throw in LeForce, Danny Johnson,Jake Mountjoy, Billy Conn, Donnie Witt, Alvin Evans and Loren Connell as potentials....lol....good list Mutt...you know your Williamsburg hoops well.

Is that the Danny Johnson that played at Wheelwright? I thought he was out of coaching? He was a good coach but never found the right fit up in eastern KY. I thought Loren Connell was the baseball coach?!?! Didn't Guffey just get run off from Whiltey? I seriously doubt Williamsburg would hire another retread from Whitley (see Mr. Haynes and Mr. Maxey)

I think that Rich Prewitt might be more interested than most people might think.

I,m not saying he will get the job but he is a possiblity. His son will come with him and probably a couple more good young players. Also I dont think Coach Prewitt was ran off at Wburg but chose to leave for another school. Also I dont think Brent Vernon is ready for the job but would still be a good hire and Marks heart is in college coaching. I agree with Master these young men are smart, but I dont think Wburg is a bad situation and these 2 brothers STILL have a bond to the school they graduated from.

I,m not saying he will get the job but he is a possiblity. His son will come with him and probably a couple more good young players. Also I dont think Coach Prewitt was ran off at Wburg but chose to leave for another school. Also I dont think Brent Vernon is ready for the job but would still be a good hire and Marks heart is in college coaching. I agree with Master these young men are smart, but I dont think Wburg is a bad situation and these 2 brothers STILL have a bond to the school they graduated from.

Kids leaving Whiltey and going to Williamsburg....wishful thinking on the part of the Yellow Jacket Faithful.

Whiltey is not the Whitley of the old days, they have more sports offered, more facilities, and more importantly, more AP classes and more choices of reagular classes. I think in many ways the Colonels have surpassed the Yellow Jackets.

Kids leaving Whiltey and going to Williamsburg....wishful thinking on the part of the Yellow Jacket Faithful.

Whiltey is not the Whitley of the old days, they have more sports offered, more facilities, and more importantly, more AP classes and more choices of reagular classes. I think in many ways the Colonels have surpassed the Yellow Jackets.

I just said IF Coach Prewitt came his son and MAYBE a couple more young kids may come.W, burg offers AP classes and several kids go to Cumberland for classes. Our test scores are good and we keep trying. I think Whitley has an excellent school system, good facilities, good leadership.

Both schools have a way to go athletically....but this is a coaching thread....who does the Jacket community want?......was Haynes done an injustice?....will Mad Maxey get some consideration for the job? ...why are the Connell's especially...... Paula lobbying for Overbey so hard? Houndreds of questions.....

Help us out Fever...you know the inside scoop.

Both schools have a way to go athletically....but this is a coaching thread....who does the Jacket community want?......was Haynes done an injustice?....will Mad Maxey get some consideration for the job? ...why are the Connell's especially...... Paula lobbying for Overbey so hard? Houndreds of questions.....

Help us out Fever...you know the inside scoop.

Master you seem to know more than me..I really dont have a clue right now..i dont think Maxey s an option..not sure about Overby or why Connells are for him...I personally would love to see J L from Florida come home

Jay Lunce is enjoying the sun and sand too much to put himself in the Williamsburg job right now...you are right I do know more about his situation than you do Fever.....lol....How is football looking? Is Woods going to Coach? I heard he was suffering from SEC fever....lol

Jay Lunce is enjoying the sun and sand too much to put himself in the Williamsburg job right now...you are right I do know more about his situation than you do Fever.....lol....How is football looking? Is Woods going to Coach? I heard he was suffering from SEC fever....lol

Football is looking good...Not sure about Woods coaching but he cant coach anyway....I dont blame J...I would stay in Florida also..but would still love to have him here...Dont think it was SC fever just Nashville fever...

I just said IF Coach Prewitt came his son and MAYBE a couple more young kids may come.W, burg offers AP classes and several kids go to Cumberland for classes. Our test scores are good and we keep trying. I think Whitley has an excellent school system, good facilities, good leadership.

Prewitt would be a good fit for the W'burg job. There will be at least one other kid currently in the Whitley system who will go to the Burg if he does end up with the job.