Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ticket Price Rant

Featured Replies

I agree that this seems like a fairly large sum, there was definitely more than 300 at St Henry last night.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you guys will give Mr. Gamble $12.00 to see a football game?

 

No, his FedEx guy gets free tickets. :lol:

While we're on the topic of ticket prices... Every game I've been to this year has been $5 to get in except NCC was $6. How do they get off charging more than other schools? I paid more to stand on a field down by the river with no facilities (restrooms) than I do at Ryle who has a really nice complex.

 

Because we can.......................let it go. :ohbrother:

Since this is in the soccer forum I'm going to say free is too much to pay.

$5.00 is fair for a normal game and up to $10 for a state game. Not sure regional events should be more if no additional costs are involved. What I don't like is charging young kids full price. Had a family of 5 kids who all played soccer and the parents had to drag their younger kids to each game and pay $30.00 a game to watch thier kid play. At the time the young ones were in 3-6th grades. That is wrong!

:idunno: They weren't at St Henry.

Are the family season passes accepted at these regional games?

 

Nope.

So the family is making the trip down I75 South to Henry Clay to watch a little soccer on Saturday. By the time I calculate the cost of GAS, The cost of taking my wife and my daughter out to eat PRIOR to the match of course, and the LOW LOW COST OF A TICKET to a high school SPORTING event of $10.00 per person. I find myself a little short of cash. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. I will be the guy in a blue coat and a sign THAT READS WILL WORK FOR A TICKET TO THE GAME.

 

Signed,

 

All TAPPED OUT!!!

I think the biggest gripe is that teams played at home against other geographical area teams in the first round of a "state" tournament but tickets were still raised to $10 for all patrons.

 

Most people would not complain about paying $10 for a state tournament game in a nice facility (like Rupp or WKU) but it seems a bit pricey to raise the prices and play on home fields or at other high school facilities for the subsequent rounds.

I think the biggest gripe is that teams played at home against other geographical area teams in the first round of a "state" tournament but tickets were still raised to $10 for all patrons.

 

Most people would not complain about paying $10 for a state tournament game in a nice facility (like Rupp or WKU) but it seems a bit pricey to raise the prices and play on home fields or at other high school facilities for the subsequent rounds.

 

This

Does the cost of the ticket include some heat.

While we're on the topic of ticket prices... Every game I've been to this year has been $5 to get in except NCC was $6. How do they get off charging more than other schools? I paid more to stand on a field down by the river with no facilities (restrooms) than I do at Ryle who has a really nice complex.

 

I wondered the same thing last year when we played NCC, but I think the game was at Tower Park. All the other district and regional games were $5.

 

As far as teams that travel getting some revenue to cover their travel, we don't ever take school buses. Each player has to provide his own transportation, even to Lexington or Louisville or Hardin County.

Just FYI at the game Saturday at Henry Clay they did advertise that credit cards are accepted. They also took your whole ticket at the gate so if you walk out you have to pay again to get back in. For anyone planning to stay and watch both games this Thursday don't plan to leave the stadium unless you want to pay another $10 to get back in.

Edited by soccerforlife
spelling error

I wondered the same thing last year when we played NCC, but I think the game was at Tower Park. All the other district and regional games were $5.

 

As far as teams that travel getting some revenue to cover their travel, we don't ever take school buses. Each player has to provide his own transportation, even to Lexington or Louisville or Hardin County.

 

 

Regular season football games are anywhere from $5 to $8 normally depending on the school where it is being played. I would say about 40% are $5, 40% are $6, 10% are $7 and 10% are $8.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.