Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ticket Price Rant

Featured Replies

For those upset about the ticket prices.. as everyone mentions - these prices are set by KHSAA. The Assistant Commissioner in charge of Soccer per the KHSAA website is Mr. Mike Barren Primary Sports Assignments – Soccer. They list their websites and I would expect they encourage constructive input by the fans/parents of the sports. No need to gripe on the public forum and try to get under each others skin. Just send Mike a polite statement voicing your displeasure for their set pricing. Hopefully this doesn't go against any forum bylaws... they post their contact information publicly for feedback.

 

[email protected]

  • Replies 43
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks pulpit, won't help for tonight but hopefully some feedback from enough people will sway them to reconsider for future events.

  • Author

The price is 10 years old and younger free, all others $10.

The price is 10 years old and younger free, all others $10.

 

Thats it, thats not too bad at all.

Thats it, thats not too bad at all.

 

You are right, $10 a person is not at all bad - IT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! You are talking about price gouging St. Henry students $10 each to watch/root their own team at their own home field, or a family of five $50 to attend a high school sporting event.

 

We probably missed a golden opportunity tonight to make a lasting impression on the KH$AA. If the rest of we non-participating schools had gathered at St. Henry and actively picketed the price gouging, we would have received no resistance from the St. Henry folks about picketing on their property, and by informing the local news outlets that it was going to happen, we could have gotten some news coverage, that would have at least embarresed the KH$AA. The tournament now goes to sites controlled by the KH$AA and are off-site to the participating schools.

 

To charge $10 for a semi-state game, played on your own home field is disgraceful.

 

The upcoming Cross-Country State Meet at the Horse Park will be more of the same, only worse. Here they will charge all comers $10 to stand in a field to root for their team which they cannot see, and you will be charged a fee to park your car next to a mountainous manure pile.

 

Are these competitions among high school athletic teams, or a money-making ventures by the KH$AA??? I am really disappointed in Commissioner Julian Tackett for allowing this to spiral out of control. Where is there an end to it???

  • Author

I may be wrong but heard - someone verify if u might.. 25$ for finals... What (edited out) this is high school.... not right.

 

[email protected]

I was told that most of the gate actually goes to the state, not the schools, anyone know if this is the case.

Yellow Card, I was told that the host school gets very little from the ticket sales. Maybe a small "thank you" stipend.

Its $25 each for wrestling finals, its $25 each for the state band finals this weekend, so it seem consistent.

 

$10.00 doesn't seem like a lot to me to be honest for playoff soccer, or any other HS sport really. The gate get split between the travel teams and the KHSAA.

You are right, $10 a person is not at all bad - IT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!! You are talking about price gouging St. Henry students $10 each to watch/root their own team at their own home field, or a family of five $50 to attend a high school sporting event.

 

We probably missed a golden opportunity tonight to make a lasting impression on the KH$AA. If the rest of we non-participating schools had gathered at St. Henry and actively picketed the price gouging, we would have received no resistance from the St. Henry folks about picketing on their property, and by informing the local news outlets that it was going to happen, we could have gotten some news coverage, that would have at least embarresed the KH$AA. The tournament now goes to sites controlled by the KH$AA and are off-site to the participating schools.

 

To charge $10 for a semi-state game, played on your own home field is disgraceful.

 

The upcoming Cross-Country State Meet at the Horse Park will be more of the same, only worse. Here they will charge all comers $10 to stand in a field to root for their team which they cannot see, and you will be charged a fee to park your car next to a mountainous manure pile.

 

Are these competitions among high school athletic teams, or a money-making ventures by the KH$AA??? I am really disappointed in Commissioner Julian Tackett for allowing this to spiral out of control. Where is there an end to it???

 

Surprised at you a bit. I know you know what it takes to put on events, and the cost involved. The district and Regional games are all split between the teams. Now with semi state maybe KHSAA does take a bigger cut, but doesn't host site get concessions from the game, and also have no travel cost for the game?

 

As someone who runs big events, I understand this, and think to be honest $10.00 is reasonable.

$10.00 doesn't seem like a lot to me to be honest for playoff soccer, or any other HS sport really. The gate get split between the travel teams and the KHSAA.

 

I will give you this - $10 for a true state tournament, played at a public site that the KH$AA has to rent and staff is understandable. IMO $10 for a pseudo state tournament game, like the one played tonight at St. Henry High School is price gouging. I'm sure that St. Henry folks staffed the game, and I doubt that there was more than one KH$AA rep, if that, on site.

 

You are OK with $25 for state wrestling, and $25 is OK for a band competition???? I guess I'm simply out of touch with reality. My income is still based on the $42,000 a year I made back in 1994, I guess I need to inform them that it now costs more than $3 to attend a high school sporting event.

 

As I stated earlier, if we sheep shake our heads and pay the price, the KH$AA will continue to push the envelope.

I will give you this - $10 for a true state tournament, played at a public site that the KH$AA has to rent and staff is understandable. IMO $10 for a pseudo state tournament game, like the one played tonight at St. Henry High School is price gouging. I'm sure that St. Henry folks staffed the game, and I doubt that there was more than one KH$AA rep, if that, on site.

 

You are OK with $25 for state wrestling, and $25 is OK for a band competition???? I guess I'm simply out of touch with reality. My income is still based on the $42,000 a year I made back in 1994, I guess I need to inform them that it now costs more than $3 to attend a high school sporting event.

 

As I stated earlier, if we sheep shake our heads and pay the price, the KH$AA will continue to push the envelope.

 

To be fair, I don't have to pay to get into wrestling finals. However, Do I think its much yes ,but I also know what it cost for the KHSAA to put on the state wrestling tournament, pay the officials and staff and all the other operational cost, so perhaps my view is biased.

 

Question, how much do these parents put out in a year for their soccer player to do off season stuff, club teams, summer camps and the like? Is the cost really that much to watch your child win a state title?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.