Rose Hill vs Rowan Co. Predictions

I know many feel like the championship was played last night but....There is still a game tonight! The Lady Vikings quitely dispose of region powers in Boyd and West with superb defense and will be more than glad to play tonight for a championship. If the Royals don't play like they did against Russell last night...Their dream season could be over. I have stated in previous posts that defense wins championships and both teams won last night on defense. Should be a better game than most will expect. GL to both teams and may the team who executes best win.:thumb:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd was a region power this season?

If Rose Hill is allowed to reach and use their hands all night it will be a blowout.

It is definitely time to go out of region for officials at least for the sake of the Russell boys and girls teams.

If Rose Hill is allowed to reach and use their hands all night it will be a blowout.

It is definitely time to go out of region for officials at least for the sake of the Russell boys and girls teams.

You won't find a bigger Russell supporter than me, but this sounds like sour grapes to me. Rose Hill was clearly the better team last night. They might have gotten away with a couple of fouls here and there, but there were some fouls called on Queen and Terry that simply weren't there. The Lady Royals deserved the victory. They played tough, scrappy defense all night long and would have won no matter what region's officials were calling the game.

As far as tonight's game is concerned. I won't count out the Lady Vikings because they have proved that they are a worthy opponent, but I believe Rose Hill has too much talent.

Rose Hill 61

Rowan Co. 46

Boyd was a region power this season?

Its always something BESIDES the best team won--isnt it. Please save your sour grapes for another thread.:rolleyes:

IMO the only way RH loses this is to leave a few players home.

RH already knows what happens when you dont come ready to play(All A), and they will be ready to lower the hammer tonight.

Great job by Euton last night of regrouping her troops after a tough 1st quarter,keeping them focused, to go on to 22-0 run and sealing the victory.:ylsuper:

No doubt the best team won.

RH got a favorable whistle also.

A key to the game was Britt Faulkner getting in foul trouble. It was to Russell's advantage if she stayed in the game. Russell could have five guard four plus her going out allowed Spradlin more minutes and her defense was key to the win.

It was the best defensive effort of the year for the Lady Royals.

BTW Russell is very happy with their team and PROGRAM. They do things the right way.

No doubt the best team won.

RH got a favorable whistle also.

A key to the game was Britt Faulkner getting in foul trouble. It was to Russell's advantage if she stayed in the game. Russell could have five guard four plus her going out allowed Spradlin more minutes and her defense was key to the win.

It was the best defensive effort of the year for the Lady Royals.

BTW Russell is very happy with their team and PROGRAM. They do things the right way.

I don't think anyone had a favorable whistle, other than what I expressed in my previous post, I thought the game was very well officiated.

I too am very happy with the Russell team and program. I feel that Coach Kidwell did a remarkable job with the team this year. I think that Russell's record shows what a great coach we have. I'm sure that the Lady Royals feel the same way about their team and program also.

Dan Tanna, you're a stand-up guy. I agree that Russell had a great year. Congratulations to them and Merle. In my previous post, I intended no disrespect to coach Kidwell, only to say that Pam Euton has done a quality job this year as well and many posters were wrong in saying Merle would make the difference. I thought he did as much as he could but it was just a quality effort by RH defense that made it too difficult on Russell to get good looks. Perhaps Hoops#1 would disagree. Maybe Likearock was barking up the wrong tree in the prediction thread earlier when he called out RH supporters, including yours truly, and said we whined about the officiating. I don't know what game Hoops#1 was watching but there were several calls that were suspect on each end. Congratulations also go out to Rowan on a quality win and advancing to the regional final. I predict a 20 pt. win for the Lady Royals however!:thumb:

Rose Hill - 76

Rowan Co - 48

If both teams play like they did last night, Rose Hill won't have too many problems. Rose Hill has been spreading the ball around and have three strong offensive threats. West Carter seemed to have only one strong offensive player in Brandy Rayburn, and she scored 15 of the first half 18 WC points last night. Rowan County controlled the rest of the West team even with a smaller lineup (they play much larger than they actually are). However, Rose Hill's size and quickness coupled with more than one offensive threat will prove too much for Rowan. Add in a good night from Yates and Spradlin and this one will be over by halftime.

Don't count out Rowan. They do a great job running the Princeton offense...they can take the air out of the ball and shorten the game. Rose Hill is tough, but I still believe it will be much closer than many think. For the RH fans, is the Spradlin girl related to former Fairview player Ben Spradlin (1982)? Ben played ball at Centre C...just curious.

For the RH fans, is the Spradlin girl related to former Fairview player Ben Spradlin (1982)? Ben played ball at Centre C...just curious.

Yes, Ben Spradlin is her cousin. Katy's grandfather and Ben's dad are brothers.