CovCath vs. Apollo Predictions

Line up for Apollo looks like this:

Jake Wells 6' Sr. G

Doug Denton 6' Sr G

Tyler Brown 6'2 So. G ( A jumping machine )

Brad Morris 6'1 Sr F

Ben Duvall 6'4" Jr C ( Varsity since 9th Grade )

They play about 4 off the bench and rotate well with the subs. Strong defense. Wells and Denton excellent outside shooters. Brown inside/outside can hurt a team either way. Maybe be better 10th grader in the state, and if so, I would love to see them. Duvall tough rebounder, strong. He has started football varsity since his freshman year also. He is just a good athelete. Morris is a streak type shooter, but is a a better "garbage" player. He gets good position and lots of put backs. This sounds like it could be a very good game as I know Apollo has a lot of respect for CCHS. I think Owensboro Catholic is the only common opponent for both teams.

One things for sure. The 9th region is sending their best TEAM to represent them. I was really impressed with them this past weekend. I didn't have much faith in the 9th going too far in Lexington but the way CCH is playing coupled with a few of the regional tournament upsets down state, they may be able to make a lot more noise than I ever expected.

One things for sure. The 9th region is sending their best TEAM to represent them. I was really impressed with them this past weekend. I didn't have much faith in the 9th going too far in Lexington but the way CCH is playing coupled with a few of the regional tournament upsets down state, they may be able to make a lot more noise than I ever expected.

:thumb:

At the beginning of the season I did not think CCH would be playing in Rupp; however, they found their niche and really put things together. As a team, they have shown that they are worthy of playing in Lexington and I think with another break or two, they could potentially be playing on Saturday morning for the 2nd time in 3 years.

I dont know what kind of breakdown this is but i saw a film on Apollo today vs. Owensboro Cath. from the district game. I saw most of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter. There was not very much scoring at all. The Eagles love the pump fake from how it looks but it looked like very sloppy offensive basketball. Defensively though they play a very good zone defense. I for one would be suprised if CovCath didnt win

I haven't seen Apollo play this year but I have seen CCH. Over the past three weeks or so CCH & HC were the best teams in the ninth. CCH defeated HC by 7 points at HC's gym which was pretty impressive, then they went out and defeated every team in the regional by double digits after knocking off Holmes in the district finals by double digits. They are on fire right now and I just can't see Apollo beating them. I don't know if I can see anyone beating them right now. I hesitate to pick them to win it all until I see them play at least one game at Rupp. If they defeat Apollo soundly, I'd say they should be one of two or three teams favored to win it all!

I think colonels by 10+. They have benn playing some of the best ball around after Noll has started to show up agenst holmes the first time the colonels and bulldogs played. CCH had great games with Holy Cross, Holmes, Ryle, Highlands, and played a great first half to NCC. They played sloppy in the second half and let the Breds back in the game, but thats how CCH plays. They play at their opponents level it seems,for teh first half, but always get the job done. If the colonels can keep it close or go into the half with the lead i can see them winning any game this week, even the games on Saturday. They have shown they are a second half team to me with their depth and athletic ability thell wear teams down and come home with a few W's this weekend.

I think colonels by 10+. They have benn playing some of the best ball around after Noll has started to show up agenst holmes the first time the colonels and bulldogs played. CCH had great games with Holy Cross, Holmes, Ryle, Highlands, and played a great first half to NCC. They played sloppy in the second half and let the Breds back in the game, but thats how CCH plays. They play at their opponents level it seems,for teh first half, but always get the job done. If the colonels can keep it close or go into the half with the lead i can see them winning any game this week, even the games on Saturday. They have shown they are a second half team to me with their depth and athletic ability thell wear teams down and come home with a few W's this weekend.

Welcome to the site! Great to see some even younger CCH posters.