2014 NKYFL Youth Football Playoffs

uk#1fan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the divisions have 2 different Super Bowls.

Ummmmm.....so there's two different champs, and then they play each other?? Wouldn't the first super bowl just be the semi-finals?Let's see, most teams play 2 or 3 "preview" games, then 10 regular season games, then possibly 4 post season games....16 games for the top two team?? When do kids get to to start their winter sports.

Can you explain how that board member thing works?

I was on the board for the Dixie Raiders for several years. First you attend 3 regular meetings to become a Member at Large. Once this happens you have to attend regularly and when a vacancy opens up, the standing board votes to allow you in. As far as the Good Ole Boys.... I came into it not knowing ANYBODY. Was at large for a couple months and member for few years. You may have to buy a round here or there though.

• 2 weeks later...

NKYFL is split in two divisions. Small organizations and big organizations. Each division has its own champion and then the champion from each side plays each other for a one team champion, which if holds to form should be won by the larger organizations every year.

Newport still has their Cranberry Bowl that is played the week after the Super Bowls are completed so for some teams the season just ended Sunday.

Bellevue still runs the Tiger Bowl for Starters (which is really one of the best playoff tournaments I have ever seen).

Numbers for all divisions are pretty steady except for Senior Division which has been devestated by Middle School Football teams.

Some organizations are really fighting other organizations cropping up in their territories and taking their players (Campbell County Red Devils are a prime example......They have a Campbell County Youth League and a organization called Thunder that plays in the Boone County League taking players away from them now).

The NKYFL president is Rick Buckler from Bellevue who does a phenominal job running the league. They have made changes over the last few years to help keep numbers up as well as adding new members.

NKYFL is split in two divisions. Small organizations and big organizations. Each division has its own champion and then the champion from each side plays each other for a one team champion, which if holds to form should be won by the larger organizations every year.

Newport still has their Cranberry Bowl that is played the week after the Super Bowls are completed so for some teams the season just ended Sunday.

Bellevue still runs the Tiger Bowl for Starters (which is really one of the best playoff tournaments I have ever seen).

Numbers for all divisions are pretty steady except for Senior Division which has been devestated by Middle School Football teams.

Some organizations are really fighting other organizations cropping up in their territories and taking their players (Campbell County Red Devils are a prime example......They have a Campbell County Youth League and a organization called Thunder that plays in the Boone County League taking players away from them now).

The NKYFL president is Rick Buckler from Bellevue who does a phenominal job running the league. They have made changes over the last few years to help keep numbers up as well as adding new members.

Completely have to agree. Bellevue does a heck of a job on their tournament. Especially when you consider they don't even host it on a football field. Impressive...

If you're a football fan in Northern Ky and haven't yet been to see a game at the NKYFL Tiger Bowl at the Bellevue Vets, I HIGHLY recommend making time to come see this next year. It's one of the hidden football gems in NKY run by a tremendous group of guys from the Bellevue Tigers/Vets. Youth football at its finest.

If you're a football fan in Northern Ky and haven't yet been to see a game at the NKYFL Tiger Bowl at the Bellevue Vets, I HIGHLY recommend making time to come see this next year. It's one of the hidden football gems in NKY run by a tremendous group of guys from the Bellevue Tigers/Vets. Youth football at its finest.

My son has played in it the past 3 years. It is a pretty intense football games.

Do they stripe the Vets field and how many yards? All of the baseball fields are fenced in now aren't they? Seems like they would be limited. Has the Tiger Bowl been played?

Regular size football field right behind Vets. Play it in October.

They usually have 2 games a night during the week.

I totally agree!! Best game out there!!:ylsuper: