2014 NKYFL Youth Football Playoffs

uk#1fan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest comeonman
Watched a really good game tonight Taylor Mill Eagles Peewees against the Red Devils Peewees. Eagles won in overtime. Winner plays South Kenton Saturday.

Nkyfl I heard is lacking in competition this yr. Is this because kids leaving for middle school? Or from what I heard the board members only favor a few organizations to there champions?

Nkyfl I heard is lacking in competition this yr. Is this because kids leaving for middle school? Or from what I heard the board members only favor a few organizations to there champions?

Numbers may be down, but I don't know that competition is lacking. The senior division is the weakest division, and that is a result of the growth of middle school football. Several organizations don't even field senior teams. Even so, the senior division is still valid as it provides another option for kids to play, which helps depth at the high school level. My only complaint with the NKYFL is the length of the season.

Nkyfl I heard is lacking in competition this yr. Is this because kids leaving for middle school? r from what I heard the board members only favor a few organizations to there champions?

Can you explain how that board member thing works?

IMHO i don't think that many of the kids and coaches in the BCPWFL, FTJFL, or the NKYFL feel the season is too long. In the NKMSAA half the teams were done 2 weeks ago some having played only 7 games. The championships are this weekend, and that's it, so 3 months for so few games?

You were probably leaking scores to Las Vegas before the games were played.

Had more to do with my then affiliation with a local MS team, which actually wasn't the reason I was in attendance but they didn't care. They knew who I was, didn't like that I was there, forced me to leave.

IMHO i don't think that many of the kids and coaches in the BCPWFL, FTJFL, or the NKYFL feel the season is too long. In the NKMSAA half the teams were done 2 weeks ago some having played only 7 games. The championships are this weekend, and that's it, so 3 months for so few games?

Throw in scrimmages and JV games and middle school teams get plenty of game time. Unless games were cancelled I think all teams should have gotten at least 8 games, and championship teams will get 10. The NKYFL plays a 10 game regular season, then playoffs, plus jamborees, scrimmages and other assorted bowl games. Some of the starter teams play 15 or more games. No reason why the season couldn't be wrapped up by October 31st. Maybe a more accurate statement would be too many games.

Throw in scrimmages and JV games and middle school teams get plenty of game time. Unless games were cancelled I think all teams should have gotten at least 8 games, and championship teams will get 10. The NKYFL plays a 10 game regular season, then playoffs, plus jamborees, scrimmages and other assorted bowl games. Some of the starter teams play 15 or more games. No reason why the season couldn't be wrapped up by October 31st. Maybe a more accurate statement would be too many games.

You and I disagree on this to some extent. IMO 10 regular season games and a few playoff games isnt to many. I think the way the NKYMSL schedules its games is not very good and needs to be redesigned.

You and I disagree on this to some extent. IMO 10 regular season games and a few playoff games isnt to many. I think the way the NKYMSL schedules its games is not very good and needs to be redesigned.

I don't like the way the schedule is designed either. I think 3 divisions is too many, and splitting some teams into 7th and 8th grade teams is tough on those coaching staffs. I'd rather see just two divisions. I understand their reasoning for ending the season a little early, which is to accommodate the start of the winter sports season.

I don't like the way the schedule is designed either. I think 3 divisions is too many, and splitting some teams into 7th and 8th grade teams is tough on those coaching staffs. I'd rather see just two divisions. I understand their reasoning for ending the season a little early, which is to accommodate the start of the winter sports season.

They can schedule the games better and still end early, heck championships could have been last weekend if it was scheduled correctly. 3 divisions can work with the # of teams they have and the disparity between the schools.