October 9, 201411 yr You know what' date=' I agree but barely. Seems Torrey Smith has been more of a one trick pony than I thought he'd be. You think that too or do I have my anti-Raven shades on?[/quote'] Torrey Smith knows one route & it's straight downfield.
October 9, 201411 yr Author Is that even fair? How many other QBs are going to put up great (heck, even good) numbers without the best two WRs and best TE? No other QB's have AJ Green in the first place. I've heard the same thing over and over again for some QB's such as Brady and Eli and that is that they have never had a star WR etc. So if they can be successful without any stars around them, then this is a great test to see how Dalton is.
October 9, 201411 yr Author Everyone, I don't think Eifert has done enough yet in his Pro career to be characterized as the Bengals best TE. I think that is still Gresham. I agree, but at the same time I see when he's playing that they don't go to him enough. That isn't his fault, it's the playcalling more than anything and now he's been out so of course he isn't being used now.
October 9, 201411 yr Author Back to the title of the thread...................I would say the time to find out how good Dalton really is ...............is when everyone is healthy on offense and defense. Then there is no excuse for not winning consistently with the talent on the team. We had that the last 3 years in the playoffs and zilch.
October 9, 201411 yr Everyone, I don't think Eifert has done enough yet in his Pro career to be characterized as the Bengals best TE. I think that is still Gresham. He sure has a funny way of showing it.
October 9, 201411 yr I'd take Sanu as the Steelers 2 in a blink. I like Wheaton, but I think Sanu is a bigger target. He's not as fast, but his toughness is undeniable. As for the Browns, right now Sanu would be their #1. Miles Austin is overrated. Baby hawk? Come on VoR. I am just trying to keep it real. Sanu is at his very best an average #2 receiver. Honestly, Hawkins and Sanu are very different but I think at the end of this season, stats will show Hawkins was more productive than Sanu. A question for everyone ....if Green is out, do the Bengals have the worst receiving corps in the NFL? If yes or it is close and the Bengals keep winning, I nominate Dalton for MVP.
October 9, 201411 yr I am just trying to keep it real. Sanu is at his very best an average #2 receiver. Honestly, Hawkins and Sanu are very different but I think at the end of this season, stats will show Hawkins was more productive than Sanu. A question for everyone ....if Green is out, do the Bengals have the worst receiving corps in the NFL? If yes or it is close and the Bengals keep winning, I nominate Dalton for MVP. I understand, and you know that I'm no Bengal fan, but in reality, with AJ on the other side, do you expect Sanu to have numbers better than a no name, no number 1 Cleveland Brown WR corp? Sanu>Hawkins in my book. I don't even think it's close. And I agree about Dalton, if AJ is out for an extended period this will put the onus on him and that defense, certainly.
October 9, 201411 yr The Oline is going to be critical if Green is out. They have done a great job in pass protection. They will now need to show those same results with the run game. If they can get the run game really going and continue to provide the same pass protection I think this offense can still score enough for the defense to win them games.
October 9, 201411 yr Author I am just trying to keep it real. Sanu is at his very best an average #2 receiver. Honestly, Hawkins and Sanu are very different but I think at the end of this season, stats will show Hawkins was more productive than Sanu. A question for everyone ....if Green is out, do the Bengals have the worst receiving corps in the NFL? If yes or it is close and the Bengals keep winning, I nominate Dalton for MVP. Interesting you ask this because I could have sworn people last year were saying we had the best WR corp/ So losing AJ makes them the worst only a year later? I'm assuming Jones is back when I say that. I never thought we had the best last year and I don't think we have the wors without AJ. I always thought last year we were avg. Without AJ last year no one would say we were a top 5 WR corp and this year is the same imo.
October 9, 201411 yr I understand, and you know that I'm no Bengal fan, but in reality, with AJ on the other side, do you expect Sanu to have numbers better than a no name, no number 1 Cleveland Brown WR corp? Sanu>Hawkins in my book. I don't even think it's close. And I agree about Dalton, if AJ is out for an extended period this will put the onus on him and that defense, certainly. We're on the same page. :thumb: Baby Hawk fills a role in an offense, but he's not a #1 or a #2 WR.
October 9, 201411 yr Interesting you ask this because I could have sworn people last year were saying we had the best WR corp/ So losing AJ makes them the worst only a year later? I'm assuming Jones is back when I say that. I never thought we had the best last year and I don't think we have the wors without AJ. I always thought last year we were avg. Without AJ last year no one would say we were a top 5 WR corp and this year is the same imo. But you've also removed Hawkins and Eiffert from that receiving corps. When everyone was healthy last year I would put that receiving corp top to bottom with any in the league. Green-Jones-Sanu-Hawkins-Eiffert were pretty darn strong IMO. Green is the key though as the attention he draws enables the others to make plays.
October 9, 201411 yr The Oline is going to be critical if Green is out. They have done a great job in pass protection. They will now need to show those same results with the run game. If they can get the run game really going and continue to provide the same pass protection I think this offense can still score enough for the defense to win them games. Well, IMO, Gio needs about 5 more carries a game. So, I totally agree with the notion that the OL will have to step up. Amazing what a receiver of that caliber means to an offense, isn't it?
October 9, 201411 yr Well, IMO, Gio needs about 5 more carries a game. So, I totally agree with the notion that the OL will have to step up. Amazing what a receiver of that caliber means to an offense, isn't it? It sure is, we are so lucky to have him.
October 9, 201411 yr Interesting you ask this because I could have sworn people last year were saying we had the best WR corp/ So losing AJ makes them the worst only a year later? I'm assuming Jones is back when I say that. I never thought we had the best last year and I don't think we have the wors without AJ. I always thought last year we were avg. Without AJ last year no one would say we were a top 5 WR corp and this year is the same imo. Not me saying the Bengals had a great receiving corps. I don't see Marvin or Sanu as anything special. Green actually had a bad year for him last year. Check the stats but I believe he had more drops last year than any other year in his career, and I have always thought his sure hands were one of his best assets. No, I have thought one of the problems for the Bengals since AJ got here is not having another top receiving option to help him out.
October 9, 201411 yr The Oline is going to be critical if Green is out. They have done a great job in pass protection. They will now need to show those same results with the run game. If they can get the run game really going and continue to provide the same pass protection I think this offense can still score enough for the defense to win them games. The o-line is overrated. Andy Dalton is the fastest in the NFL at getting rid of the ball (that is a fact - 2.1 seconds to release was the stat going into the Pats game). That is a huge help to the o-line and makes it tough to sack him. The Bengals rank 25th in yards per rush and it would be worse if we didn't have a back as good as Bernard making people miss and picking up extra yards. Sorry to sound like a naysayer but facts are facts.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.