9th region Basketball fans

I was just wondering if the fans and teams of the 9th region would have like officials from another region to come back again this year? What are the thoughts?

Not sure if I completely understand your question. Are you sure that you phrased it the way you had intended for it to be understood? :confused:

Basically I thought that the 5th Region refs were pretty good. They got a little weird at times but in general I think they did a fairly decent job. Overall, I think I prefer them to 9th Region refs. They let the guys play. The action on the floor became more charged up because of it. It made for more exciting basketball.

That's the best I can do in relationship to what I think that you were saying.

I was just wondering if the fans and teams of the 9th region would have like officials from another region to come back again this year? What are the thoughts?

Personally I think the question should have been: How did the fans who had the Ninth Region Ref's, like them doing their Region?

I think the 5th Region guys have done a great job for both the boys and girls games. I think they called a fair, balanced, and let them play style of game, while keeping the games under control. If I had a complaint about any of their calls, it would be the non walking calls, but then again, I think that no one on any level in the Country calls walking anymore......

Not sure if I completely understand your question. Are you sure that you phrased it the way you had intended for it to be understood? :confused:

Basically I thought that the 5th Region refs were pretty good. They got a little weird at times but in general I think they did a fairly decent job. Overall, I think I prefer them to 9th Region refs. They let the guys play. The action on the floor became more charged up because of it. It made for more exciting basketball.

That's the best I can do in relationship to what I think that you were saying.

I think for the majority of the tournament so far they have let them play but last night there were some tidbit fouls called and others left alone so you take the good with the bad and be happy. Overall they were good and I think they should do this every year.

I've only seen the CovCath-HHS game but I was impressed with the job the refs did....because I didn't notice they were there...unlike alot of local refs who make themselves the show instead of the players.

Personally I think the question should have been: How did the fans who had the Ninth Region Ref's, like them doing their Region?

I think the 5th Region guys have done a great job for both the boys and girls games. I think they called a fair, balanced, and let them play style of game, while keeping the games under control. If I had a complaint about any of their calls, it would be the non walking calls, but then again, I think that no one on any level in the Country calls walking anymore......

9th Officials are calling a lot of fouls. In two games Etown has 42 fouls against them, opponents 43 fouls. They are consistent, consistently blowing the whistle. Think of this, in two games, 64 minutes of play, 85 fouls have been called. 1.33 fouls per minute. Not what you would call a smooth game.

Again, I will say, they are consistent. Calling everything. I just hope they continue to be consistent. Thats all you can ask for. Let the players know what you are and aren't going to call.

9th Officials are calling a lot of fouls. In two games Etown has 42 fouls against them, opponents 43 fouls. They are consistent, consistently blowing the whistle. Think of this, in two games, 64 minutes of play, 85 fouls have been called. 1.33 fouls per minute. Not what you would call a smooth game.

Again, I will say, they are consistent. Calling everything. I just hope they continue to be consistent. Thats all you can ask for. Let the players know what you are and aren't going to call.

Exactly what we normally get, a ton of fouls called. It doesn't prepare the players too well for Rupp, but if they are consistent, then that is what matters.

The refs were consistent throughout. Can't ask for more than that. I'd like to know what precipitated the T on Vories last night. Also #3 for CCH carries the ball on every possesion (I guess thats legal now), and Tanner Johnson travels most of the times he has the ball, I guess by not calling either one its a wash. Overall though these refs are many times better than 9th region refs.

The refs were consistent throughout. Can't ask for more than that. I'd like to know what precipitated the T on Vories last night. Also #3 for CCH carries the ball on every possesion (I guess thats legal now), and Tanner Johnson travels most of the times he has the ball, I guess by not calling either one its a wash. Overall though these refs are many times better than 9th region refs.

Vories was frustrated and came down clawing and jumping on Bovard. Normally, that wouldn't be a T, but it was his facial expression and body language right after that got it. Same as Duran...

Was very surprised that Vories got a "T" as he is a really stand up young man. I was at a restaurant last night after the game when one of the CovCath Coaches came in with his family, and I asked the Coach what Vories said to get the "T" (I only assumed that is why he got the "T"). He said thats what the Highlands Coach (Willie) was asking also, but he didn't hear the reply....

Your guys are doing great. Thanks for letting the Ninth use them....It will get our kids much more prepared for the Sweet Sixteen......

I thought the 5th region officials did a fine job. They were completely independent of all the personalities of the coaches and players and called the games very well.

This is coming from a 9th region official. An example is Duran Jefferson should have gotten a technical in the district finals late in the game for getting in the face of the most respected official in the ninth region, but didn't.

Also, Coach Listerman was a completely different person on the sidelines durng the regional. I respect coach Listerman a ton, but he also knows that the 9th region officials are reluctant to give coaches T's due to ratings. Coach L didn't have that privelege during regional because he didn't know how the 5th region officials would respond. Great job by Coach L for knowing when to not push the issue.

Overall, fabulous job by the 5th region officials. Also, this switching of officials is a great idea and I hope they continue to do this. Only bad thing is the travel, especially during the week. They need to cap the distance that officials have to travel. Driving 2-3 hours to work a game is a little much.