Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why does Bye Week avoid Kentucky High School teams?

Featured Replies

We all know Open is not afraid to come to Kentucky and schedule Class A Raceland. This annual "slobber-knocker" is always circled by Ram fans, yet they know the outcome and stay away in droves. Would scheduling Bye Week excite Raceland fans to at least show up?

 

The big question for those in BGP Land..........is Bye Week playing the "invisible team", and ducking Ky teams? While playing a National schedule similar to Open, we in the Bluegrass rarely see them.

 

I asked a couple of coaches and all I got was NOTHING!!! :idunno: Although one coach did offer up the reason why he doesn't schedule Bye Week. And I quote, "we looked into putting them on the schedule a few times, however in speaking with a few coaches out of state who had them on their schedule, they said the gate proceeds were virtually non-existent".

 

I'm not buying the terrible gate excuse, since when was it all about money? What say you?

I have always heard that Bye plays dirty. Coaches don't want injuries, especially before they head into districts.

As a Raceland fan, I would welcome playing Bye and getting rid of OPEN. We loose money at the gate every year playing OPEN, their fans just don't show up. I say give Bye a shot.

People used to schedule then so they could prepare for the next week...they always seemed to be a good measuring stick for how you were doing. Always able to put new plays in and run them on Bye week. Bye never seemed to care that they were your guinea pig week.

 

However, probably not good to schedule Bye for homecoming, their fans just turn their back on you and you don't even know they are there...RUDE!

Rumor has it that Bye is down in numbers as they are still waiting for some of their new transfers to get approval to play. They filed their paperwork kind of late--thought they could get by with it.

 

I think there is more to the story. I don't buy it.

Edited by hoops5

  • Author

Photo of a Bye Week home game was leaked to a "select few" and I was able to obtain it. Nice facility, but no fans......Simply Shocking!!!!!!

 

bye.jpg

Is there a secret decoder ring for this?

Is there a secret decoder ring for this?

Like "Drink more Ovaltine"?

meaning... I can't figure out if those are code names for a couple of schools, short versions of the actual names, or maybe I just haven't woken up enough yet.

Bye week has a brutal schedule, I can't see how they can legally play all those teams in one season.

meaning... I can't figure out if those are code names for a couple of schools, short versions of the actual names, or maybe I just haven't woken up enough yet.

Get your coffee, look as some school's schedules and come back and re-read this thread. If that doesn't help, read the comics, watch some Family Guy, maybe some Sinfield then come back and re-read the thread again. If that doesn't help buy yourself a sense of humor.

 

Oh, and do a search of all the Raceland/OPEN prediction threads from the last five or six years.

  • Author
Get your coffee, look as some school's schedules and come back and re-read this thread. If that doesn't help, read the comics, watch some Family Guy, maybe some Sinfield then come back and re-read the thread again. If that doesn't help buy yourself a sense of humor.

 

Oh, and do a search of all the Raceland/OPEN prediction threads from the last five or six years.

 

Bad Ram. :D

Get your coffee, look as some school's schedules and come back and re-read this thread. If that doesn't help, read the comics, watch some Family Guy, maybe some Sinfield then come back and re-read the thread again. If that doesn't help buy yourself a sense of humor.

 

Oh, and do a search of all the Raceland/OPEN prediction threads from the last five or six years.

 

I'm a NewCath grad, so you'll have to cut me some slack. Finally found the team records and can understand the angst. Appears that both their concessions set up is basically nonexistent. So that leaves 0 incentive for anyone to want to go.

If you are the head coach for bye, wouldn't you want to try and get open on your schedule? I mean, think about it, most teams use these two teams as a "week off" to get healthy, why not schedule some one a little closer to your talent? I feel like reverse psychology would take place if this game was scheduled, and fans of both bye and open would fill those seats and root their teams on!!

I know some teams that BYE and possibly even OPEN could beat.....but no way are they gonna schedule them. The humiliation would be too great.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.