CovCath vs. Highlands Predictions

Who will win?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

This isn't a rivalry? Someone fill me in on this one. The crowds, student sections, success of each program, close games, etc. I thought this was one of the top rivalries in the area but haven't been many of the match-ups over the past few years. Was I wrong?

Are UNC and UK natural rivals? No. But the chase of the all-time wins record and the success of the two programs dictates that it is. When they've played in the past few seasons I would say that it was a pretty big game and a rivalry---granted, not like UK/IU or UK/UL or Duke/UNC but in another way.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't quite understand the fascination with whether or not this is 'officialy' defined as a rivalry... both schools respect each other's long histories of quality teams and success... If a rivalry is defined as having the elements of contempt or hatred...this is not!

I think Ben Guidugli's quote in the KYPOST this week offers a different point of view...

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060308/SPT01/603080369/-1/all

Excerpt: "It can't get any better than that," Guidugli said. "We don't like them and they don't like us. What more can you ask for?"

:fight:

Tonight will be a great game. Highlands went something like 18-18 from the three throw line last time the two schools played. They will have to duplicate that kind if effort to win tonight.

Tonight will be a great game. Highlands went something like 18-18 from the three throw line last time the two schools played. They will have to duplicate that kind if effort to win tonight.

18-19 but 6-6 out of Guidugli, Vories, and Johnson. At CCH going 100% on free throws is even more impressive, and that is a big part of what won them the game. To the HHS fans, can all 3 of them do that again? I have not seen HHS enough to answer for myself.

18-19 but 6-6 out of Guidugli, Vories, and Johnson. At CCH going 100% on free throws is even more impressive, and that is a big part of what won them the game. To the HHS fans, can all 3 of them do that again? I have not seen HHS enough to answer for myself.

In short, No. However I do think that this was the game that showed these kids that they did belong with the elite of the region. Hopefully Highlands does not play as poorly as they did against Ludlow.

Are those of us who attend the Dixie/NCC game going to be penalized by having to exit the building and go to the back of the line to wait to get back in? We should get to repay and go right back to our seats don't you think:confused:

With all due respect, "No". If the CCH/HHS fans have been waiting to get in and there is a line, Dixie/NCC fans have to fall in line.

Does anyone know if this game will be broadcasted on the radio?

I would assume it would but the challenge in NKY is figuring out what station KR Sports will be using for their broadcast.

It will be netcast from the CCH website.