Ohio Co. 61 Owensboro Catholic 58

Catholic fought back to tie the game at 34 at the end of the 3rd, but Catholic missed some free throws in the 4th and was outscored 27 to 24 in the 4th. Several players from Ohio Co. played well. They have to be the best sub 500 team I have seen. They had been beaten by Catholic by around 24 earlier in the year. They beat Apollo, Meade Co and Breckenridge and then loss to some lesser teams this year. They now will play the winner of Meade/Apollo game for a trip to sweet 16.

Catholic fought back to tie the game at 34 at the end of the 3rd, but Catholic missed some free throws in the 4th and was outscored 27 to 24 in the 4th. Several players from Ohio Co. played well. They have to be the best sub 500 team I have seen. They had been beaten by Catholic by around 24 earlier in the year. They beat Apollo, Meade Co and Breckenridge and then loss to some lesser teams this year. They now will play the winner of Meade/Apollo game for a trip to sweet 16.

IMO, the winner of the Meade/Apollo game is headed to Lexington

Congrats to the Aces on a very fine season. To the nine Seniors for Catholic, always hold your heads up high, you are a great bunch of young men!!!

A big Congrats to my Ohio Co. Eagles!!! I am very proud of you and especially the three Seniors: Vaught, Maiden, and James. All three of you played a great game. Maiden with your threes, James driving the lane, and Vaught with your assists and your clutch three-pointer and free throws at the end of the game. You have dealt with a lot of strife in your high school careers, especially with the loss of big Clemons(another Senior) due to his injuries from the auto accident. Josh, we continue to keep you in our prayers and hope you get well soon and will get a scholarship somewhere. A lot of us knew you could win this game if you played like the team you are!!! Good luck Saturday night, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!

Congrats to the Aces on a very fine season. To the nine Seniors for Catholic, always hold your heads up high, you are a great bunch of young men!!!

A big Congrats to my Ohio Co. Eagles!!! I am very proud of you and especially the three Seniors: Vaught, Maiden, and James. All three of you played a great game. Maiden with your threes, James driving the lane, and Vaught with your assists and your clutch three-pointer and free throws at the end of the game. You have dealt with a lot of strife in your high school careers, especially with the loss of big Clemons(another Senior) due to his injuries from the auto accident. Josh, we continue to keep you in our prayers and hope you get well soon and will get a scholarship somewhere. A lot of us knew you could win this game if you played like the team you are!!! Good luck Saturday night, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!

:thumb: :thumb:

If they win this region. They will be the Cinderella team of the Sweet 16!!!

Yes they will. The Ninth Region draw just got a lot better (at least for one round).
Having seen the Covington Catholic-Owensboro Catholic game at the 5/3, I see no reason to think that the Colonels couldn't have beaten them in a rematch, especially now that Tierney (who was injured and missed the game) is healthy again.

Chances are, though, that the 9th Region will be favored to advance now.

Wow, congratulations to Ohio Co. on the big upset. Guess that tourney experience from last season paid off as they overcome not having Clemons.

Great season for O'Cath. I enjoyed watching them this season the few times I saw them.

With UHA (failing to get out of the district) and OCath (can't get out of the region) not heading to Rupp, I wonder if this will stoke the All-A arguement about peaking too soon...especially if Bardstown doesn't fare well this week. This was one of the reasons why Russellville opted not to play in the All-A for several years.

With UHA (failing to get out of the district) and OCath (can't get out of the region) not heading to Rupp, I wonder if this will stoke the All-A arguement about peaking too soon...especially if Bardstown doesn't fare well this week. This was one of the reasons why Russellville opted not to play in the All-A for several years.

The All "A" letdown has got to Hazard the last couple of years.