Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark 2014/2015

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2014/2015 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from George Rogers Clark. Remember, please be constructive.

I would guess you would be able to answer this question better than most on here. With Coach Humphrey you know they will defend and rebound!

  • Author
I would guess you would be able to answer this question better than most on here. With Coach Humphrey you know they will defend and rebound!

 

Agree. I would put us up there with the best if not the best defending team in the region. We have most of the team back from last year. Look for Jerryd Jones to have a break out year. By the end of the season he will be one of the top 10 players in the region along with Damion King, which is a top player right now.

 

What we have to improve on is offence. If we can get that going on a consistent bases, I really feel we could be playing in the finals of the region.

Agree. I would put us up there with the best if not the best defending team in the region. We have most of the team back from last year. Look for Jerryd Jones to have a break out year. By the end of the season he will be one of the top 10 players in the region along with Damion King, which is a top player right now.

 

What we have to improve on is offence. If we can get that going on a consistent bases, I really feel we could be playing in the finals of the region.

 

At times last year I thought Jones was the best offensive player on GRC, but I think he may have struggled a bit on the defensive end. If he can make strides on defense (which I'm sure Humphrey will ensure), he should be right there with Crawford as the top young player in the region.

 

I think GRC is probably the pre-season number 3 team in the region. I would not be shocked if they win the region, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't win the district.

Jerryd is one of the most explosive athletes in the state. He quickly made a name for himself in a game against All Ohio Red at the AAU Super Showcase in July. Look for him to end up a Division 1 player before graduation.

I am looking for GRC to have a much improved year! Damion King and Jerryd Jones will be huge for the Cards as well as other returning players who saw significant minutes. I look for Luke Sharrock to also be a valuble piece for the team.

 

My only reservation is GRC's lack of a true big man in the middle. However, its just Sept and they could be ready for a serious run by the time the season starts.

I don't care if Humph is putting puppies on the floor...his teams will have a chance.

 

Since he has Jones and King, the Cards will be contenders for sure.

  • Author
I am looking for GRC to have a much improved year! Damion King and Jerryd Jones will be huge for the Cards as well as other returning players who saw significant minutes. I look for Luke Sharrock to also be a valuble piece for the team.

 

My only reservation is GRC's lack of a true big man in the middle. However, its just Sept and they could be ready for a serious run by the time the season starts.

 

Heard Jones has grown some this summer, which will help. Agree on Sharrock, Kids does all the little things that don't show up on a stat sheet.

 

I don't care if Humph is putting puppies on the floor...his teams will have a chance.

 

Since he has Jones and King, the Cards will be contenders for sure.

 

Jones and King will not be the only ones we will count on this year. You have the Israel brothers. Braxton Green, Sam Barrett, Jordan Davis, Ronte Owens and possibly a transfer from Bryan Station.( another guard)

Heard Jones has grown some this summer, which will help. Agree on Sharrock, Kids does all the little things that don't show up on a stat sheet.

 

 

 

Jones and King will not be the only ones we will count on this year. You have the Israel brothers. Braxton Green, Sam Barrett, Jordan Davis, Ronte Owens and possibly a transfer from Bryan Station.( another guard)

 

Well, isn't that comforting to the rest of the 10th? Lol

Defense has been and will continue to be GRC's calling card. It's why they had an ability to stay in games they probably shouldn't have last year.

 

Scoring was a problem for GRC the last two years & I felt like they had a tendency to under perform in fourth quarters. But I feel like with a year of maturity and improvement, those things will at the least be somewhat improved.

 

King is the leader of this team and does a lot of things well, even though he is undersized. He is a top five-ish player in the Region. As others have said, Jerryd Jones could be a star in the making. At the season's outset, I would place him outside of the top ten individual players, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him inside the top ten at the end of the year. Most of the other returnees are role-type players, but I think that works to the Cards' favor. Guys aren't out there trying to do things they are unable to do.

 

I look for Humphrey to have this team reclaim the 40th District championship and I think they are either preseason #2 or #3 in the 10th Region.

  • Author
Defense has been and will continue to be GRC's calling card. It's why they had an ability to stay in games they probably shouldn't have last year.

 

Scoring was a problem for GRC the last two years & I felt like they had a tendency to under perform in fourth quarters. But I feel like with a year of maturity and improvement, those things will at the least be somewhat improved.

 

King is the leader of this team and does a lot of things well, even though he is undersized. He is a top five-ish player in the Region. As others have said, Jerryd Jones could be a star in the making. At the season's outset, I would place him outside of the top ten individual players, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him inside the top ten at the end of the year. Most of the other returnees are role-type players, but I think that works to the Cards' favor. Guys aren't out there trying to do things they are unable to do.

 

I look for Humphrey to have this team reclaim the 40th District championship and I think they are either preseason #2 or #3 in the 10th Region.

Somewhat agree with you Randy. I do think we have some stars in the making besides Jerryd and King. Which ones will it be I am not sure. Usually a coach will have his rotation (starting 5) set by post season. Last year we did not, you never knew who was going to start except for King. Sharrock a 3 star athlete,(QB of football team and baseball) will play his role. Malachi Israel had started his Freshman and Sophomore year, but lost that role to his brother Josiah which was a Sophomore last year.

 

I could see Green, Owens or Josiah Israel having a break out year. But then again it could be Senior Sam Barrett or Sophomore Jordan Davis...or we may have a Freshman that will come in too. I just know I am really excited about this upcoming season and hopefully see these kids have fun on the court and do well.

 

Do agree you could rank us 2 or 3 preseason.

Looking forward to a great season for the Cardinals!

 

:taz::taz::taz:

 

48ae9832d4979cb30c7dc974927dd288.jpg

Let's rock Letcher Norton Gymnasium this year, Cardinals!

 

:taz::taz::taz:

 

48ae9832d4979cb30c7dc974927dd288.jpgThere_is_no_spoon.jpg

First game is at Nicholas County on Tuesday, 12/2.

 

First home game is vs. Pendleton County on Saturday, 12/6.

George Rogers Clark 2014/15 Kentucky High School Boys Basketball

 

Tuesday, 12/02/14 @ Nicholas County 7:30 PM

Saturday, 12/06/14 vs Pendleton County 6:15 PM

Tuesday, 12/09/14 vs Madison Central 7:30 PM

Friday, 12/12/14 @ Dixie Heights 7:30 PM

Saturday, 12/13/14 @ Scott 3:30 PM

Tuesday, 12/16/14 vs Woodford County 7:30 PM

Thursday, 12/18/14 vs Johnson Central @ Rowan County 7:45 PM - Kentucky Bank Challenge

Saturday, 12/27/14 vs Owen County @ Berea 5:00 PM - Berea Invitational Tournament

Sunday, 12/28/14 TBA @ Berea - Berea Invitational Tournament

Monday, 12/29/14 TBA @ Berea - Berea Invitational Tournament

Tuesday, 12/30/14 TBA @ Berea - Berea Invitational Tournament

Saturday, 01/03/15 vs Lawrence County @ Russell 3:00 PM - Marvin Meredith Classic

Tuesday, 01/06/15 @ Paris 7:30 PM

Friday, 01/09/15 @ Madison Southern 7:30 PM

Saturday, 01/10/15 vs Ashland Blazer 6:30 PM

Tuesday, 01/13/15 @ Harrison County 7:30 PM

Friday, 01/16/15 vs Montgomery County 7:30 PM

Saturday, 01/17/15 vs Bourbon County 5:00 PM

Tuesday, 01/20/15 vs Grant County 7:30 PM

Thursday, 01/22/15 vs Rowan County 7:30 PM

Saturday, 01/24/15 @ North Laurel 4:00 PM

Tuesday, 01/27/15 @ Bourbon County 7:30 PM

Friday, 01/30/15 @ Montgomery County 7:30 PM

Saturday, 01/31/15 vs Russell 4:00 PM

Tuesday, 02/03/15 @ Anderson County 7:30 PM

Friday, 02/06/15 @ Mason County 7:30 PM

Saturday, 02/14/15 vs Lexington Christian 4:00 PM

Tuesday, 02/17/15 vs East Jessamine 7:30 PM

Thursday, 02/19/15 @ Henry Clay 7:30 PM

 

48ae9832d4979cb30c7dc974927dd288.jpgThere_is_no_spoon.jpg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.